We are planning an Alaska cruise for my mom's 80th in August 2000 - I know this is "prime" cruise time in Alaska - at least as far as prices go - so despite all the comments about upgrades, I'm wondering if that would occur during those months. Also, because of cruises in Caribbean, we are concentrating on RCl or Princess but I am leaning towards Princess because of the Vancouver/Seward option rather than just an Inside Passage round trip. Does anyone have any experience with family suites on either of these cruise lines? (there will be 8 adults) We can only do a week's trip so don't imagine we can include any land portion of the tour. Any advice, suggestions, experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
cruise line/"group" rooms
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome