We are planning an Alaska cruise for my mom's 80th in August 2000 - I know this is "prime" cruise time in Alaska - at least as far as prices go - so despite all the comments about upgrades, I'm wondering if that would occur during those months. Also, because of cruises in Caribbean, we are concentrating on RCl or Princess but I am leaning towards Princess because of the Vancouver/Seward option rather than just an Inside Passage round trip. Does anyone have any experience with family suites on either of these cruise lines? (there will be 8 adults) We can only do a week's trip so don't imagine we can include any land portion of the tour. Any advice, suggestions, experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
cruise line/"group" rooms
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 2 Sea sickness
- 3 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 4 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 5 car rental from Miami Port
- 6 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 7 Alaska
- 8 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 9 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 10 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 11 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 12 Staterooms
- 13 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 14 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 15 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 16 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 17 Parking in Miami
- 18 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 19 South Pacific
- 20 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 21 Celebrity Constellation
- 22 Please help with cruise planning.
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 Be careful out there ...