We are planning a very last minute trip to Europe from Oct 1st-10th. As it is a bit too late to plan a land vacation, I thought we could do a 5 night cruise. Costa has a very good price for a 5 night cruise from Barcelona with stops in Palma de Majjorca. Marseilles. Ajaccio (Corsica), Savona and back. Not sure how good this cruiseline is after the recent Costa Concodia disaster. But after reading some mixed reviews on Cruise Critic, I am thinking of trying it as I have always wanted to go to Corsica and Majjorca. Seems like an easy way to go without too much preplanning so late. But before I lock it in. I thought I should get some feedback from Fodorites. We have cruised before but mainly on Princess, NCL etc. Reviewers on Costa like the ship and itinerary but not too happy with food choices and customer service. As it is only 5 nights and being a vegetarian with limited choices anyway, I was ok with that. Hope we wont have an issue with customer service though !
Costa cruise from Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 2 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 3 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 4 SHUTTLE SERVICE TO THE PORT AUTHORITY IN BAYONNE, NJ
- 5 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 6 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 7 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 8 Formal nights on cruise
- 9 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 10 Norwegian Dawn
- 11 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 12 Alaska Cruise
- 13 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 14 Assult on Golden Princess
- 15 Alaska in summer
- 16 Veendam vs. Summit
- 17 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 18 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 19 1 night in Denali
- 20 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 21 Antarctica Cruise
- 22 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 23 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 24 Cruise worries
- 25 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale