We are planning a very last minute trip to Europe from Oct 1st-10th. As it is a bit too late to plan a land vacation, I thought we could do a 5 night cruise. Costa has a very good price for a 5 night cruise from Barcelona with stops in Palma de Majjorca. Marseilles. Ajaccio (Corsica), Savona and back. Not sure how good this cruiseline is after the recent Costa Concodia disaster. But after reading some mixed reviews on Cruise Critic, I am thinking of trying it as I have always wanted to go to Corsica and Majjorca. Seems like an easy way to go without too much preplanning so late. But before I lock it in. I thought I should get some feedback from Fodorites. We have cruised before but mainly on Princess, NCL etc. Reviewers on Costa like the ship and itinerary but not too happy with food choices and customer service. As it is only 5 nights and being a vegetarian with limited choices anyway, I was ok with that. Hope we wont have an issue with customer service though !
Costa cruise from Barcelona
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 2 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 3 Jones Act
- 4 Cruise Experience Interview
- 5 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 6 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 7 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 8 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 9 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 10 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 13 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 14 river cruise cabins
- 15 Cape Horn Cruise
- 16 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 17 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 18 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 19 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 22 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 23 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 24 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014