Cruised the DAWN 3 times and will not cruise it again! The first 2 times (plus the one NCL Spirit cruise)were incredible and wonderful! Those of you seeing Free Style for the first time aren't seeing what started the whole venture. It was soooo much better until recently. There were no reservations, a small fee only for a specialty dinner not the whole specialty restaurant and the food, service and entertainment out did Carnival in most everything!It wasn't a party ship, but had opportunities to have a good time-lots of night activities. It wasn't a Kids Cruise ship, but always had the special pool and kids activities for them, leaving the adult pool for adults and older children. It always had a relaxed, non schedule kind of agenda and met most every need in entertainment, culture and excursions with little impact on the pocketbook. So why have I changed my mind about the Dawn? It is now the ship that is trying to become "like the others" and failing at it. Reservations in Main Dining halls AND fees everywhere! Food that suggests true cuisine and fails. Entertainment that is the same over and over again. Kids in the adult pools-diapers and all! Spa filled with those that drank way too early in the day and probably never paid for the spa rooms. Drinking games (Pub Crawl)in the middle of the day leaving participants drunk, loud and obnoxious!No towels at the pool. No lockers in the spa. No room in the dining room. Sitting us with complete strangers! (whatever happened to Free-Style!)No benefit to being a Bronze Member (4 cruises with NCL) What a mess. I have written the company and told them that they had a good thing going and have ruined the uniqueness of their plan. I will not travel Dawn again and, from the reviews here about other NCL ships, may not travel NCL again.
Change isn't good for NCL Dawn!
View all Cruises activity »
- 1 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 2 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 3 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 4 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 5 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 6 Cruises to Alaska
- 7 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 8 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 9 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 10 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 11 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 12 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 13 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 14 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 15 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 16 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 17 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 18 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 19 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 20 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 21 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 22 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple
- 23 NCL Epic June 15-22, 2014 sharing tour excursions in Italy with Romeinlimo
- 24 Venice cruise terminal to railway station
- 25 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal