Cruised the DAWN 3 times and will not cruise it again! The first 2 times (plus the one NCL Spirit cruise)were incredible and wonderful! Those of you seeing Free Style for the first time aren't seeing what started the whole venture. It was soooo much better until recently. There were no reservations, a small fee only for a specialty dinner not the whole specialty restaurant and the food, service and entertainment out did Carnival in most everything!It wasn't a party ship, but had opportunities to have a good time-lots of night activities. It wasn't a Kids Cruise ship, but always had the special pool and kids activities for them, leaving the adult pool for adults and older children. It always had a relaxed, non schedule kind of agenda and met most every need in entertainment, culture and excursions with little impact on the pocketbook. So why have I changed my mind about the Dawn? It is now the ship that is trying to become "like the others" and failing at it. Reservations in Main Dining halls AND fees everywhere! Food that suggests true cuisine and fails. Entertainment that is the same over and over again. Kids in the adult pools-diapers and all! Spa filled with those that drank way too early in the day and probably never paid for the spa rooms. Drinking games (Pub Crawl)in the middle of the day leaving participants drunk, loud and obnoxious!No towels at the pool. No lockers in the spa. No room in the dining room. Sitting us with complete strangers! (whatever happened to Free-Style!)No benefit to being a Bronze Member (4 cruises with NCL) What a mess. I have written the company and told them that they had a good thing going and have ruined the uniqueness of their plan. I will not travel Dawn again and, from the reviews here about other NCL ships, may not travel NCL again.
Change isn't good for NCL Dawn!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 New charge on NCL
- 2 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 3 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 4 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 5 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 6 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 7 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 8 Considering European river cruise?
- 9 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 10 Alaska Cruise Tour Royal Carribean or Princess
- 11 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 12 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 13 Formal dress required?
- 14 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 15 River Cruising
- 16 Assult on Golden Princess
- 17 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 18 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 19 discount travel agents
- 20 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 21 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 22 Barge cruises in France
- 23 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 24 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 25 Viking River Cruise Disappoints