Hello, My DH and I are two seniors, planning a cruise to the Caribbean in February, and can't decide between Celebrity Silhouette, and RCL Nieuw Amsterdam. Itineraries are both great, ships sound great, so we are wondering about some of the small things. We love fresh flowers in the public areas, and real dairy whipped cream in the dining room for afternoon tea. Do either of these ships serve food for those of us who often return from excursions around 5:00pm? We have been on about 5 cruises, and have not liked the artificial flowers on some ships. The artificial cool whip kind of cream on even the fanciest desserts. And are often starving when returning to a ship in the late afternoon, only to find a pizza bar the only option until dinner. Also, loved the interactive cooking demonstrations available on HAL. Do Celebrity or RCL do those? We would love some opinions from all you knowledgeable travelers!.
Celebrity Or RCL. Which use fresh flowers and real whipped cream?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 3 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 4 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 5 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 6 Alaska
- 7 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 8 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 9 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 10 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 13 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 14 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 15 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 16 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 17 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 18 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 19 seascanner.com
- 20 Noordam VF4038
- 21 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 22 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 23 Mediterranean cruise
- 24 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 25 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises