Hello, My DH and I are two seniors, planning a cruise to the Caribbean in February, and can't decide between Celebrity Silhouette, and RCL Nieuw Amsterdam. Itineraries are both great, ships sound great, so we are wondering about some of the small things. We love fresh flowers in the public areas, and real dairy whipped cream in the dining room for afternoon tea. Do either of these ships serve food for those of us who often return from excursions around 5:00pm? We have been on about 5 cruises, and have not liked the artificial flowers on some ships. The artificial cool whip kind of cream on even the fanciest desserts. And are often starving when returning to a ship in the late afternoon, only to find a pizza bar the only option until dinner. Also, loved the interactive cooking demonstrations available on HAL. Do Celebrity or RCL do those? We would love some opinions from all you knowledgeable travelers!.
Celebrity Or RCL. Which use fresh flowers and real whipped cream?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 2 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 3 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 6 Staterooms
- 7 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 8 Sea sickness
- 9 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 10 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 11 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 12 Parking in Miami
- 13 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 14 South Pacific
- 15 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 16 Celebrity Constellation
- 17 Please help with cruise planning.
- 18 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 19 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 20 Be careful out there ...
- 21 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 22 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 23 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 24 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 25 European cruises with Europeans