We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Orient Beach-non ship excursion
- 2 Fall foliage cruise
- 3 Panama Canal
- 4 Time To “Getaway”.... Again
- 5 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 6 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 7 Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska Cruise Questions
- 8 Private guide Belize City
- 9 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 10 low river levels
- 11 reviews of Azamara cruises??
- 12 NCL Pearl Panama Canal
- 13 Viking Basel to Amsterdam River Cruise this Oct 25th-Nov 1st?
- 14 Cruise to Mexican Riviera, RT from SF on Grand Princess.
- 15 Port Canaveral
- 16 French Polynesia Trip Report
- 17 Legal liability of Australians tipping. BEWARE
- 18 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 19 Grand Circle Elbe River Cruise 8/30/15
- 20 transportation to cruise ship from San Juan airport
- 21 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 22 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 23 QM2 - Queen Mary 2 - Transatlantic Trip Report
- 24 Cruises for mobility impaired seniors
- 25 Should we take a river cruise?