We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Best Food on Luxury Cruise Lines
- 2 Holland america oosterdam
- 3 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 4 Alaska: Norwegian or Princess...
- 5 No recourse for a change of itinerary
- 6 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 7 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 8 Cruises survey
- 9 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 10 Viking River Cruise - Pretty darn good!!
- 11 Cost of Alcoholic Beverages
- 12 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 13 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 14 Customer Experience Research - Short 2 minute Survey. Help Appreciated.
- 15 Viking Danube River Bus Tour
- 16 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 17 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 18 High and dry Viking River Cruises...
- 19 Silversea the BEST
- 20 Hats off to Viking
- 21 Viking River Cruise- Please Black list this company
- 22 Gate 1 Cruise on Luftner’s Amadeus Silver – Substituted Bus Tour
- 23 Balcony on cheap cruise versus inside on more expensive cruise
- 24 Formal nights on cruise
- 25 Cabo, La Paz, Loreto, Puerto Vallarta tour operators?