We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Legal liability of Australians tipping. BEWARE
- 2 Greek Island Cruises From/Return to Crete
- 3 Opinions of specific cruise lines? Need your help!
- 4 European river cruise
- 5 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 6 What MSN.com says not to eat on a cruise
- 7 oceania alaska cruise
- 8 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 9 Last minute cruise advice
- 10 Traveling Solo
- 11 Cruises for mobility impaired seniors
- 12 princess cruisetour to alaska
- 13 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 14 Single Cruises Experiences?
- 15 Interested in dress code feedback for Uniworld European river cruises
- 16 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 17 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 18 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 19 Viking Cruise a big disappointment
- 20 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 21 September Viking Cruise
- 22 Is it possible to do Western Caribbean shore excursions on the cheap?
- 23 Port Canaveral
- 24 AMA vs VIKING
- 25 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...