We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 This Crew Has Talent
- 2 alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 3 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 4 Miami End-of-Cruise Day With Luggage??
- 5 Basic Info Needed for Europe River Cruises
- 6 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 7 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 8 We finally made up our minds...
- 9 Cozumel Water Temp for Snorkling
- 10 Cruise Insurance - Worth it?
- 11 Which caribbean cruise line is the best?
- 12 Alaska in summer
- 13 Looking for crew members to sail to Antarctica in January/February 2017
- 14 Will the SS United States cruise again? I hope so!
- 15 Cruising, On A Star Under A Bridge
- 16 Uniworld's Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux River Cruise
- 17 Ketchikan, Alaska Misty Fjord seaplane options
- 18 Alaska/Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 19 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 20 My horror story from Norwegian Sky
- 21 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 22 Time For An Escape
- 23 Cruise with Young Children in April
- 24 round trip Hawaii cruise
- 25 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help