We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Celebrity Millennium - VAN to SEWARD. Denali? Excursions?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 2 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 3 Sea sickness
- 4 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 5 car rental from Miami Port
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 8 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 9 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 10 Alaska
- 11 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 12 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 13 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 14 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 15 Staterooms
- 16 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 17 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 18 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 19 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 20 Parking in Miami
- 21 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 22 South Pacific
- 23 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 24 Celebrity Constellation
- 25 Please help with cruise planning.