We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 2 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 3 Shore excursions
- 4 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 5 Cabin Question for Emerald Princess
- 6 Hotel near Alees de L'Oulle
- 7 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 8 CARNIVAL IS THE WORST.. here's why!
- 9 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 10 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 11 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 14 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 15 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 16 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 17 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 18 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 19 Repositioning Cruise
- 20 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 21 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 22 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 23 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 24 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 25 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines