We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Excursion companies outside NCL
- 2 Late arrival for checking-in
- 3 Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- 4 On the Vavilov in a twin share
- 5 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 6 transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh
- 7 Windstart-Dundee port to airport transfer
- 8 cruising the Mississippi river
- 9 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 10 Spoiled for life
- 11 Santorini excursions
- 12 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 13 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 14 Barcelona to Rome
- 15 We finally made up our minds...
- 16 Currency for multiple countries
- 17 Oceania Overbooking
- 18 2 NIght PreCruise
- 19 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 20 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 21 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 22 Dubronovik
- 23 Amsterdam - best way to get to city centre from the cruise terminal
- 24 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 25 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?