We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 2 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 3 British Passport Validity
- 4 tips for first cruisers
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 7 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 8 European River Cruises - strategy
- 9 Cruising New Zealand?
- 10 Alaskan cruise
- 11 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 12 Excursion Shore
- 13 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 14 Time in ports?
- 15 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 16 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 17 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 18 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 19 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 20 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 21 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 22 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 23 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 24 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 25 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek