We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 European River Cruises - strategy
- 2 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 3 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 4 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 5 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 6 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 7 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 8 tips on disney cruises
- 9 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 10 Baggage storage before cruise
- 11 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 12 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 13 Quiet in the Forum
- 14 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 15 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 16 Dry bag solution for Antarctica
- 17 Travel Agent recommendation
- 18 Viking Switzerland to the North Sea
- 19 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 20 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 21 One day before cruise from Fort Lauderdale, any attraction recommendation
- 22 Carnival tour to Sayulita?
- 23 Season's Greetings
- 24 RCCL went from great to poor
- 25 Small Group Buenos Aires Open Jan 2017