We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Celebrity Millennium - VAN to SEWARD. Denali? Excursions?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 2 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 3 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 4 Tours in Greece
- 5 Formal nights on cruise
- 6 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015
- 7 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 8 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean
- 9 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 Norwegian Epic Tour Sharing - Rome - 3 Sep 14
- 12 Cruise Weather Tracking Website
- 13 4 Aussies on Sapphire Princess to Alaska
- 14 TAMPA HOTEL
- 15 Emerald Princess vs. NCL Dawn for Christmas Cruise
- 16 Azamara Excursions
- 17 Things to consider about a river cruise??
- 18 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 19 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 20 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 21 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 22 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 23 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 24 Jones Act
- 25 Cruise Experience Interview