We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Celebrity Millennium - VAN to SEWARD. Denali? Excursions?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 2 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 3 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 4 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 5 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 6 Formal nights on cruise
- 7 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 8 Norwegian Dawn
- 9 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 10 Alaska Cruise
- 11 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 12 Assult on Golden Princess
- 13 Alaska in summer
- 14 Veendam vs. Summit
- 15 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 16 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 17 1 night in Denali
- 18 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 19 Antarctica Cruise
- 20 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 21 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 22 Cruise worries
- 23 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess