We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 tec*h @: SUPP0RT SBCGLOBAL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:7208 Reset Password
- 2 Alaska Cruise-Definitely Not Cheap
- 3 Trip insurance
- 4 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 7 Costs all round when sick without adequate cover
- 8 Rental car return - Southampton UK
- 9 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 10 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 11 Best time to book Royal Caribbean cruise for best price?
- 12 Beaches on Grand Turk and Amber Cove
- 13 Surprise Alaskan Cruise for my Mom for Mother's Day
- 14 Alaska Cruise
- 15 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 16 Cabin mate for Norway cruise in July
- 17 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 18 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 19 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 20 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 21 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 22 European cruise suggestions?
- 23 Going!
- 24 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 25 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas