We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 2 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 3 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Alaska Cruise
- 6 Going!
- 7 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 8 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 9 Viking cruise in early October
- 10 Trip insurance
- 11 Husband is a green card holder
- 12 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 13 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 14 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 15 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 16 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 17 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 18 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 19 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 20 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 21 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 22 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 23 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 24 MSC splendida
- 25 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage