We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
- 2 Celebrity Solstice
- 3 any last minute tips for first cruise
- 4 Cruising Hacks
- 5 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 6 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 7 Traveling Solo
- 8 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 9 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 10 Disembarking with HAL
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 norwegian cruise line
- 13 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 14 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 15 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 16 Southbound Alaska on Holland America
- 17 Alaskan land and sea tour
- 18 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 19 Online check in for US citizen living in Europe
- 20 On Cloud9, Miss Carnival Breeze
- 21 Norwegian Fjords cruise
- 22 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 23 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 24 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 25 Small ship adventure from New York to Montreal