We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 2 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 3 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 4 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 5 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 6 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 7 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen
- 10 Dream A Little Dream
- 11 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 12 Seabourn Sojourn Singapore-Mumbai, March 2015
- 13 Cruise room options for three people
- 14 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 15 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 16 Norwegian Dawn
- 17 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 18 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 19 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 20 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 21 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 22 Greece Italy Cruise
- 23 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 24 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 25 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale