We have reservations on the Millennium from Vancouver to Seward for the end of July. We are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. There are 7 adults and 3 kids (ages 13,11 and 2).
We (likely 5 adults and the 2 yr old) would like to travel to Denali after the cruise (we dock on Fri at 4am) and be on the way home Sun or maybe Mon.
My initial thought is to rent a car/van and drive. Stay Fri PM and Sat PM then leave Sun. So here are my questions:
1. Is it easier to arrange this through the cruise line? I don't see the option on the website (actually no excursions come up!).
2. My mom is status post knee replacement and has limited mobility. Any recommendations for how to see the park? Shuttle bus? Tour bus? Train? I am leaning towards a shuttle bus that we could get on and off. Maybe my mom would hang out with my daughter for an hour or so while we explore.
3. Any excursions you would recommend for the family? Any to avoid?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 2 Norwegian Gem
- 3 expedition-style cruising to Antarctica
- 4 ALASKAN CRUISE - MAY 2017
- 5 Scenic River Cruise USA Pricing Discrimination
- 6 Port Canaveral Orlando _ what to do
- 7 Cruisewear on Princess
- 8 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 9 Celeystal Cruise Line
- 10 RD poll of most trusted cruise in USA.
- 11 Pisa & Florence - Looking for people to share shore excursion
- 12 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 13 Car rental from Norwegian Pride of America
- 14 European River Cruises - strategy
- 15 Port Canaveral
- 16 Formal nights
- 17 Alaska Cruise
- 18 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 19 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 20 NCL Loses all our reservations
- 21 Accident on Harmony of the seas. Crew killed and injured.
- 22 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 23 River Cruising-Eastern Europe
- 24 Luggage storage or transport from Yokohama to Haneda Airport
- 25 Norwegian Fjord cruise room choic