got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 2 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 3 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 4 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 5 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines
- 6 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 7 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 8 Antarctica cruise - your tips
- 9 Venice cruise terminal to San Marco ?
- 10 Killing time in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 transfers in Venice
- 13 Norwegian Pearl obstructed rooms question
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Pavlus Travel
- 16 Cape Horn Cruise
- 17 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 18 Miami Port Park and cruise hotel package?
- 19 Cruise Experience Interview
- 20 regent navigator showers
- 21 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 AHI Travel...anyone used them for river cruising?
- 24 Steep cruise discounts
- 25 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!