got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Small ship adventure from New York to Montreal
- 2 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 3 Cruise room options for three people
- 4 Princess Preferred: A Review of the Caribbean Princess
- 5 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 6 Camera and binoculars
- 7 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 These Ports are Made for Walking Part 2: Western Caribbean
- 10 Carnival Breeze, Falmouth, Jamaica Ideas
- 11 Azamara Quest or Holland Am. Prinsendam??
- 12 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 13 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 14 Viking River Cruises - Have you taken their airflights?
- 15 Three FUN Ports Of Call, Carnival Dream
- 16 Dream A Little Dream
- 17 A “Breeze”, 2 Cruises In 1 Month And I Am Still Under 400lbs.. Maybe?
- 18 Singles Cruise Options
- 19 Well that was fast!
- 20 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 21 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 24 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 25 Are drinks packages worth buying?
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead