got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 2 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 3 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 4 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 5 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 6 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 7 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 8 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 9 MSC splendida
- 10 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage
- 11 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 12 Cruise Mate- last minute, 33 days from San Diego
- 13 Trip insurance
- 14 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 15 World Cruises - Preference and Discounts
- 16 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 17 Shore excursions
- 18 Looking for cruise mate for S. Caribbean cruise
- 19 Western Caribbean excursions?
- 20 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 21 Beds on GCT river cruise ships (European)
- 22 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 23 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 24 Cabin Question for Emerald Princess
- 25 Hotel near Alees de L'Oulle
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead