got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruising New Zealand?
- 2 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 3 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 4 tips for first cruisers
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 7 British Passport Validity
- 8 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 9 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 10 European River Cruises - strategy
- 11 Alaskan cruise
- 12 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 13 Excursion Shore
- 14 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 15 Time in ports?
- 16 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 17 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 18 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 19 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 20 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 21 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 22 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 23 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 24 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 25 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead