got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 3 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 4 Staterooms
- 5 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 6 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 7 Sea sickness
- 8 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 9 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 10 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 11 Parking in Miami
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 South Pacific
- 14 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 15 Celebrity Constellation
- 16 Please help with cruise planning.
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Be careful out there ...
- 20 $10000.998 cruise sold out
- 21 Ionian vs. Cyclades Cruises in Greece
- 22 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 23 Buffet in Ruby Princess
- 24 European cruises with Europeans
- 25 Pre-cruise hotel options in Rome