got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 2 alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 3 This Crew Has Talent
- 4 Miami End-of-Cruise Day With Luggage??
- 5 Basic Info Needed for Europe River Cruises
- 6 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 7 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 8 We finally made up our minds...
- 9 Cozumel Water Temp for Snorkling
- 10 Cruise Insurance - Worth it?
- 11 Which caribbean cruise line is the best?
- 12 Alaska in summer
- 13 Looking for crew members to sail to Antarctica in January/February 2017
- 14 Will the SS United States cruise again? I hope so!
- 15 Cruising, On A Star Under A Bridge
- 16 Uniworld's Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux River Cruise
- 17 Ketchikan, Alaska Misty Fjord seaplane options
- 18 Alaska/Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 19 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 20 My horror story from Norwegian Sky
- 21 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 22 Time For An Escape
- 23 Cruise with Young Children in April
- 24 round trip Hawaii cruise
- 25 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead