got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Norwegian Getaway or Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea
- 2 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Carnival Glory or Conquest? Amber grove or Halff moon CAY?
- 5 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 6 Haines, AK: Eagle Preserve rafting or Chilkoot Lake kayaking?
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 Norwegian Getaway Balconies
- 9 Ultimate Beverage Package
- 10 September Viking Cruise
- 11 Looking for El Chapo
- 12 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 13 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 14 Grand Circle Cruise Line, A Medical Disaster
- 15 In room coffee makers/Soltice
- 16 Princess in Bangkok
- 17 Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?
- 18 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 19 A stop in Brunei.
- 20 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 21 Port of Livorno, taxi or train to Lucca?
- 22 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 23 Tricky planning
- 24 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 25 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead