got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 2 45 minutes taxi from Stockholn to Nynashamn?
- 3 We finally made up our minds...
- 4 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 5 Princess vs. Norwegian
- 6 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 7 Family First Timers
- 8 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 9 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 10 One-way cruise to Alaska June 2016
- 11 Juneau excursions Alaska Cruise
- 12 Avoid Crowds on Greek Cruise
- 13 alaska cruise
- 14 Cruise Port in Livorno - Day Trip to Pisa and Lucca
- 15 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 16 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 17 Sailing On A Vista
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 20 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
- 21 The Cruise to pick to go this June
- 22 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 23 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 24 Mediterranean cruise on celebrity constellation
- 25 Oasis Lite: Review of Navigator of the Seas
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead