got to Miami 1 day ahead
stayed at the Hyatt Regency....near the port...downtown Miami is not the best place to be
visited Bayside....very nice and nice dinner on the water
Day 1 cruise...boarded ship around 12-12:30....easy boarding and lunch buffet was set and ready...in our rooms by 1:30 and luggage arrived soon after
Day 2 Key West- Key West Trolley was fantastic- hop on/hop off
enjoyed Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, and watching people lobstering
Day 3 Cozumel- opted for taking a taxi away from touristy areas....went to Iberostar All-Inclusive....nice for diving but the beach was very rocky...need beach shoes
Weather was very bad....resort was good but nothing compared to a Sandals or RIU
Day 4 at sea....smooth sailing all the way
Highlights of the cruise- dinner time casino, piano bar
Negatives- Security was non-existent...first night a fight broke out in the casino...it took security which consisted of two very light weight young men about 15 minutes to respond...the fight continued after security got there
Room Service- expect to wait a couple of hours for late night snacks
Return to Miami-
Stayed at South Beach- The Victor- excellent on every front
one of my favorite hotels of all time!!
visited Dave's Cafe for lunch- nice Cuban food
lots of shopping on Lincoln Road
Next day- visited Star Island on the way back to airport
Next visit to Miami- I will stay at South Beach before and after departure....a little taxi ride to the port but not bad, and it was 100 % more enjoyable than time spent closer to the port...
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://revivagenixfacts.com/pure-nitro-max/
- 2 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 3 Need suggestions Caribbean cruise
- 4 CARNIVAL IS THE WORST.. here's why!
- 5 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 6 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 7 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 8 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 11 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 12 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 13 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 14 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 15 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 16 Repositioning Cruise
- 17 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 18 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 19 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 20 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 21 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 22 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 23 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 24 Booking a return flight before noon?
- 25 from civitavecchia port to city of Rome
Carnival Destiny-Miami, Key West, Cozumel
got to Miami 1 day ahead