I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 2 shore excursions
- 3 Finally booked, Yea!
- 4 Shopping on board Celebrity Constellation
- 5 Cozmel Port Taxis
- 6 Sea sickness
- 7 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 8 car rental from Miami Port
- 9 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 10 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 11 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 12 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 13 Alaska
- 14 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 15 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 16 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 17 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 18 Staterooms
- 19 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 20 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 21 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 22 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 23 Parking in Miami
- 24 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 25 South Pacific