I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 European River Cruises - strategy
- 2 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 3 Cruise the North West Passage
- 4 Cruising New Zealand?
- 5 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 6 tips for first cruisers
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 9 British Passport Validity
- 10 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 11 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 12 Alaskan cruise
- 13 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 14 Excursion Shore
- 15 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 16 Time in ports?
- 17 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 18 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 19 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 20 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 21 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 22 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 23 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 24 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 25 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?