I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 2 Basic Info Needed for Europe River Cruises
- 3 Miami End-of-Cruise Day With Luggage??
- 4 Cruise to Hawaii from the mianland
- 5 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 6 We finally made up our minds...
- 7 Cozumel Water Temp for Snorkling
- 8 Cruise Insurance - Worth it?
- 9 Which caribbean cruise line is the best?
- 10 Alaska in summer
- 11 Looking for crew members to sail to Antarctica in January/February 2017
- 12 Will the SS United States cruise again? I hope so!
- 13 Cruising, On A Star Under A Bridge
- 14 Uniworld's Bordeaux, Vineyards & Chateaux River Cruise
- 15 Ketchikan, Alaska Misty Fjord seaplane options
- 16 Alaska/Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 17 My horror story from Norwegian Sky
- 18 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 19 Time For An Escape
- 20 Cruise with Young Children in April
- 21 round trip Hawaii cruise
- 22 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 23 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 24 No Turkey For NCL In 2016
- 25 Holland America South America 21 day cruise