I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
- 1 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 2 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 3 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 4 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 5 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 6 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 7 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 8 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 9 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 10 Cayos Cochinos
- 11 California Coastal Cruise
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 14 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 15 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 16 Grand Turk
- 17 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 18 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 19 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 20 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 21 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 22 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 23 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 24 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 25 Short cruise, small boat on Prince William Sound Alaska?