I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 2 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 3 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 4 An Epic Adventure
- 5 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 6 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 7 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 8 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 9 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 10 queen mary question
- 11 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 12 Back from Epic cruise
- 13 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cozumel excursions
- 15 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 16 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 17 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 18 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 19 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 20 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 21 A Disappointing Conquest
- 22 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 23 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 24 Wind on board
- 25 Is the food quality generally the same on different ships in the same line?