I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 2 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 3 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 4 Traveling Solo
- 5 Celebrity Solstice
- 6 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 7 Costa Fascinosa. It's cheap but is it nasty?
- 8 Misty Fjords Palne Crash
- 9 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 11 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
- 12 any last minute tips for first cruise
- 13 Cruising Hacks
- 14 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 15 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 16 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 17 Disembarking with HAL
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 norwegian cruise line
- 20 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 21 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 22 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 23 Southbound Alaska on Holland America
- 24 Alaskan land and sea tour
- 25 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?