I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 2 What is the best one day cruise to the Bahamas from Miami
- 3 Rhine River Boat cruise
- 4 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help
- 5 DONE BE LATE
- 6 Greece and or Croatia cruise September /October 2016
- 7 Queen Mary 2 Cruise packing tips
- 8 Alaska cruises
- 9 We finally made up our minds...
- 10 12 hour wait
- 11 river flow
- 12 Spoiled for life
- 13 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 14 Ira's Off to Dig the Big Ditch
- 15 VIPmalaga versus Spain Day Tours for Alhambr
- 16 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 17 MED Honeymoon Cruise from Cincinnati
- 18 Taking cruise from Barcelona
- 19 Where is member Eschew?
- 20 Scandinavia Cruise - Depart from Copenhage or Warnemunde, Berlin???
- 21 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 22 one way or R/T to Alaska on Princesss
- 23 Booking a Windstar cruise
- 24 Transport from Seattle Pier 91 to Seattle airport
- 25 April 9 US Consul Warning of Threat to Tourist Docks Istanbul Antalya