I want some input into how people feel about this. We(a family of 3) booked a trip to Antartica some time ago as part of a big trip in South America. The Antarticic part of the trip was not exactly what I was after as we had to have shared facilities and soon after we paid the deposit for the whole trip including 30% deposit for Antartica another agent who I have made enquires with contacted me to say he was able to get me my first choice of cabin on another ship(this was not originally available) Innitially I said no but he then came back to me with a terrific price that was 1/2 what I was paying so I decided to cancel my first booking. I knew that I would need to pay $500 each for our cancellation fee as this was clearly stated in the terms and conditions but now I have been told by my agent that she is also charging me $100 each(X3) for her admin costs. When I enquired about this she offered to reduce it to $50 each but I still feel this is unfair because her web site says that this many days out her cancellation fee is $50 total not $50 X 3. We are not cancelling entirely and are still spending around $30000 in total with her. This is the second big trip I have booked through her. She does a great job so I don't want to be unfair to her but I really feel a bit like she thinks I need to be 'punished' for cancelling. The $50 fee she is charging is the same as if I cancelled the whole trip.
Should I just pay the $150 or should I refuse?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 2 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 3 Roll calls
- 4 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 5 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 6 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 7 What to pack for alaska
- 8 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 9 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 new england/canada cruise
- 12 Grand Celebration review
- 13 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 14 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 15 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 16 Relocating to UK via Cunard eastern passage
- 17 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 18 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 19 Alaska Cruise Aug 13 to 20, 2017 on Holland America
- 20 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 21 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 22 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 23 Alaska Cruise
- 24 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 25 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?