My in laws are off on a trip in the new year, they are going to Buenos Aires, Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica. I'm looking for some Christmas present ideas, I've bought them some thermal socks, but as they have travelled a lot they don't need any other kit. I was thinking about a book covering the areas, as its a fully escorted tour I'm not sure a lonely planet guide is what's needed. I just wondered if anyone knew of a book that would add meaning or enhance their trip, perhaps fiction set in one or more of these places or a tail of an expedition. Any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 2 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 European cruise suggestions?
- 5 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 6 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 7 Alaska Cruise
- 8 Going!
- 9 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 10 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 11 Viking cruise in early October
- 12 Trip insurance
- 13 Husband is a green card holder
- 14 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 15 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 16 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 17 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 18 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 19 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 20 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 21 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 22 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 23 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 24 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 25 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016