My in laws are off on a trip in the new year, they are going to Buenos Aires, Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica. I'm looking for some Christmas present ideas, I've bought them some thermal socks, but as they have travelled a lot they don't need any other kit. I was thinking about a book covering the areas, as its a fully escorted tour I'm not sure a lonely planet guide is what's needed. I just wondered if anyone knew of a book that would add meaning or enhance their trip, perhaps fiction set in one or more of these places or a tail of an expedition. Any recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/nitro-mxs/
- 2 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 3 Holiday Cruising with a toddler
- 4 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
- 5 Suggestion on Cruise in the Great Lakes
- 6 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 7 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 8 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 9 Perks for owning shares to cruise lines
- 10 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 11 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 12 Bucket List
- 13 BEWARE OF VIKING RIVER CRUISES!
- 14 European River Cruises - strategy
- 15 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 16 European River Cruise Itineraries and Companies
- 17 tips on disney cruises
- 18 MSN made me so angry!!!
- 19 Baggage storage before cruise
- 20 Cabin Location: How concerned should I be?
- 21 RCCL, Independence of the Seas, Yea!
- 22 Quiet in the Forum
- 23 RIP FLL shooting Victims
- 24 Cruise ports in Northern Africa
- 25 Dry bag solution for Antarctica