Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 2 British Passport Validity
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 tips for first cruisers
- 5 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Cruising New Zealand?
- 8 Alaskan cruise
- 9 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 10 Excursion Shore
- 11 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 12 Time in ports?
- 13 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 14 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 15 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 16 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 17 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 18 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 19 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 20 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 21 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 22 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
- 23 Sep cruise/Juneau - dog sledding vs. Mendenhall ice cave trek
- 24 QM2 - Transport from Red Hook to LGA
- 25 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare