Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 2 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 3 Alaska Cruise
- 4 Going!
- 5 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 6 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 7 Viking cruise in early October
- 8 Trip insurance
- 9 Husband is a green card holder
- 10 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 11 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 12 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 13 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 14 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 15 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 16 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 17 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 18 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?
- 19 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 20 Transportation from airport to Manhattan hotels
- 21 Prague to Budapest with Tauck in May, 2016
- 22 MSC splendida
- 23 Shore excursions Alaskan inside passage
- 24 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 25 Cruise Mate- last minute, 33 days from San Diego