Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 2 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 3 river cruise cabins
- 4 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 5 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 6 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 7 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 8 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 9 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 10 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 11 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 12 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 13 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 14 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 15 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 16 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 17 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 18 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?
- 19 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 20 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 21 Any small-scale Alaska cruises out there?
- 22 What mistakes did you make as a newbie cruiser?
- 23 Aida pulls out of Israel. Shrapnel on deck!
- 24 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 25 How do I choose/change a dinner seating time on Celebrity?