Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
- 1 California Coastal Cruise
- 2 Parking at Port Everglades, FL
- 3 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 4 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 5 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 6 World cruise?
- 7 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 8 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 9 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 10 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 11 quick lunch in Paris
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 14 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 15 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 16 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 17 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 18 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 19 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 20 Cayos Cochinos
- 21 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 22 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 23 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 24 Grand Turk
- 25 Transportation from Rome airport to Port