Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 2 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 3 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 4 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 5 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 6 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Shuttle service needed in Copenhagen
- 9 Dream A Little Dream
- 10 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 11 Seabourn Sojourn Singapore-Mumbai, March 2015
- 12 Cruise room options for three people
- 13 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 14 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 15 Norwegian Dawn
- 16 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 17 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 18 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 19 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 20 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 21 Greece Italy Cruise
- 22 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 23 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 24 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?