Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards.
- 2 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 3 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 4 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 5 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 6 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 7 Formal nights on cruise
- 8 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 9 Norwegian Dawn
- 10 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 11 Alaska Cruise
- 12 MSC Divina Caribbean Cruise
- 13 Assult on Golden Princess
- 14 Alaska in summer
- 15 Veendam vs. Summit
- 16 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 17 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 18 1 night in Denali
- 19 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 20 Antarctica Cruise
- 21 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 22 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 23 Cruise worries
- 24 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap