Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Port of Livorno, taxi or train to Lucca?
- 2 Northern Europe or Southern Europe?
- 3 Alaska from Seattle: Princess? Norwegian? Holland American?
- 4 How to pack for Alaska land sea cruise
- 5 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Misty Fjords Palne Crash
- 8 any last minute tips for first cruise
- 9 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 10 Overnight hotel in Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Celebrity Solstice
- 12 Fantasy Cruises - Alaska?
- 13 Traveling Solo
- 14 Costa Fascinosa. It's cheap but is it nasty?
- 15 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 16 Cruising Hacks
- 17 Webcams of all Princess ships
- 18 Montreal and Cruise to Boston
- 19 Which European Cruiseline/Itinerary
- 20 Disembarking with HAL
- 21 norwegian cruise line
- 22 Boarding times on Celebrity
- 23 Alaska 7 days inside passage on Pacific Princess from Vancouver
- 24 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 25 Southbound Alaska on Holland America