Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 2 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 3 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 4 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 5 Formal dress required?
- 6 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 7 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 8 River Cruising
- 9 Assult on Golden Princess
- 10 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 11 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 12 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 13 discount travel agents
- 14 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 15 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 16 Barge cruises in France
- 17 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 18 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 19 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 20 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 21 Alaska in summer
- 22 Majesty of the Seas
- 23 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 24 Transportation : Best way to get from Seattle airport to cruise ship
- 25 Cruise room options for three people