Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Low water cruise complaints
- 2 Segway: Has anyone taken one of these port tours?
- 3 Cost of Alcoholic Beverages
- 4 Alaska: Norwegian or Princess...
- 5 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 6 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 7 Best Food on Luxury Cruise Lines
- 8 Holland america oosterdam
- 9 No recourse for a change of itinerary
- 10 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 11 Cruises survey
- 12 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 13 Viking River Cruise - Pretty darn good!!
- 14 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 15 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 16 Customer Experience Research - Short 2 minute Survey. Help Appreciated.
- 17 Viking Danube River Bus Tour
- 18 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 19 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 20 High and dry Viking River Cruises...
- 21 Silversea the BEST
- 22 Hats off to Viking
- 23 Viking River Cruise- Please Black list this company
- 24 Gate 1 Cruise on Luftner’s Amadeus Silver – Substituted Bus Tour
- 25 Balcony on cheap cruise versus inside on more expensive cruise