Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 2 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 3 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 4 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 5 Pavlus Travel
- 6 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 7 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 8 Legend of the Seas
- 9 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way