Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Explain me this, Regent Cruise.
- 2 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 3 Jones Act
- 4 Cruise Experience Interview
- 5 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 6 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 7 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 8 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 9 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 10 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 11 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 12 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 13 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 14 river cruise cabins
- 15 Cape Horn Cruise
- 16 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 17 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 18 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 19 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 22 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 23 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 24 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014