Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 barcelone tanger
- 2 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 3 An Epic Adventure
- 4 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 5 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 6 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 7 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 8 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 9 queen mary question
- 10 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 11 Back from Epic cruise
- 12 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 13 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cozumel excursions
- 15 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 16 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 17 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 18 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 19 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 20 Transatlantic/Repositioning Cruise in April
- 21 A Disappointing Conquest
- 22 Japan cruise. Any feedback on these ports
- 23 Windstar for a first cruise?
- 24 Wind on board
- 25 Is the food quality generally the same on different ships in the same line?