Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 2 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 3 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 4 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 5 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 8 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 9 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 10 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 11 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 12 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 13 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 14 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 15 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way
- 16 seascanner.com
- 17 Noordam VF4038
- 18 hotel park and cruise? Seattle
- 19 Norwegian Jewel or Canvial Freedom?
- 20 Mediterranean cruise
- 21 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 22 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 23 volendam or Noordam
- 24 Holland America Veendam
- 25 transfers in Venice