Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
- 1 Need advice on packing for January cruise Sydney to Auckland
- 2 Where to stay near Port Civitavecchia, Italy?
- 3 Pride of America
- 4 Do you prefer small exotic cruises or large cruise ships?
- 5 Transportation from airport in Papeete to cruise terminal
- 6 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 7 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 8 20-Day Cruise from Sydney to PNG and Other Islands....
- 9 Glove suggestions for our Antartic cruise
- 10 Bottled Water vs Ship Water
- 11 Cruises to Alaska
- 12 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 13 Cunards Q.Victoria and Q Mary11
- 14 Booking after final payment: To wait or not to wait?
- 15 Celebrity Infinity - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires - January 19, 2014
- 16 Things I Learned on a Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine
- 17 Grand Princess( Princess Cruise Line)
- 18 Mayan Ruin in Belize
- 19 Why are July & August so much less expensive
- 20 Arabian peninsula cruise: newbie questions
- 21 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 22 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 23 Eastern Mediterranean and Grrek Isles
- 24 California Coastal Cruise October 19-26, 2013.
- 25 Christmas River Cruise for Young Couple