Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Taking alcohol on board.
- 2 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 3 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 4 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 5 Viking River Cruise/Tulips and Windmils
- 6 Need ideas for Charlotte Amalie, St. thomas due to cruise change.
- 7 Opinion of specific cruise lines?
- 8 First Time Mediterranean Cruiser
- 9 MIA to dock
- 10 Big ship or small ship?
- 11 Alaska in June
- 12 Scandinavia and St. Petersburg
- 13 Cruise Transfer with Alaska Cruise Transportation
- 14 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 15 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 16 Celebrity Caribbean Cruise with NO Paid Excursions??
- 17 Partial Transit vs Full Transit on Panama Canal Cruise
- 18 Variety Cruises for Greek Islands?
- 19 Assult on Golden Princess
- 20 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 21 Ultimate beverage package
- 22 Majesty of the Seas
- 23 Freedom Flashback, Splendor Here We Come
- 24 A Fun Victory Escape
- 25 Celebrity Reflection Caribbean - Small Details Questions