Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 2 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 3 Staying active on a river cruise
- 4 Be aware of problem with Vantage River Navigator Cruise
- 5 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Back from Epic cruise
- 8 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 9 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 10 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 11 Which cruise one to use??
- 12 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 13 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 14 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 15 Formal nights on cruise
- 16 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 17 Cruises for singles
- 18 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 19 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 20 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 21 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 22 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 23 Tours in Greece
- 24 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015
- 25 Cruise recommendation for Caribbean