Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 2 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 3 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 4 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 7 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 8 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 9 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 10 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 11 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 12 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 13 Repositioning Cruise
- 14 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 15 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 16 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 17 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 18 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 19 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 20 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 21 Booking a return flight before noon?
- 22 from civitavecchia port to city of Rome
- 23 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 24 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 25 Azamara OR Oceania...Rome to Venice