Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 AMA vs VIKING
- 2 Theft on the QM2: A Cautionary Tale
- 3 Nobody sleeps on Celebrity! Book elsewhere.
- 4 Anyone doing the Celebrity Transatlantic on 4 November?
- 5 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 6 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 7 How to prepare for Carnival Glory in first week of dec
- 8 September Viking Cruise
- 9 Norwegian Getaway or Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea
- 10 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 11 Cruise Around the Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso
- 12 Credit Card Charges on Cruise lines
- 13 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 14 Carnival Glory or Conquest? Amber grove or Halff moon CAY?
- 15 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 16 Haines, AK: Eagle Preserve rafting or Chilkoot Lake kayaking?
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 Norwegian Getaway Balconies
- 19 Ultimate Beverage Package
- 20 Looking for El Chapo
- 21 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 22 Grand Circle Cruise Line, A Medical Disaster
- 23 In room coffee makers/Soltice
- 24 Princess in Bangkok
- 25 Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?