Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Norovirus
- 2 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 3 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 4 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 5 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 6 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 7 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 8 Will we like European river cruises?
- 9 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 10 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 11 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 12 An Epic Adventure
- 13 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 14 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 15 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 16 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 17 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 18 queen mary question
- 19 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 20 Back from Epic cruise
- 21 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 22 Cozumel excursions
- 23 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 24 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 25 Golf Cruise Hawaii?