Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 2 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 3 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 4 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 5 Pirates!
- 6 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Viking changes itinerary
- 9 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 10 Windsurf Sept 10 Dublin to Lisbon....anyone?
- 11 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 12 Murder on the High Sea
- 13 Cruising need suggestions for ports in South Africa
- 14 Grand Celebration review
- 15 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 16 Princess - Needs Help!
- 17 Antarctica Adventure
- 18 Roll calls
- 19 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 20 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise
- 21 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 22 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 23 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 24 What to pack for alaska
- 25 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess