Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Small ship adventure from New York to Montreal
- 2 Princess Preferred: A Review of the Caribbean Princess
- 3 Looking for an Alaskan Cruise on very small ship - 8-12 passengers?
- 4 Camera and binoculars
- 5 Alaskan cruise excursions - Survey says....
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 These Ports are Made for Walking Part 2: Western Caribbean
- 8 Carnival Breeze, Falmouth, Jamaica Ideas
- 9 Azamara Quest or Holland Am. Prinsendam??
- 10 Cruising with an old person--the deluxe edition.
- 11 Cruise room options for three people
- 12 Viking River Cruising - by bus
- 13 Viking River Cruises - Have you taken their airflights?
- 14 Three FUN Ports Of Call, Carnival Dream
- 15 Dream A Little Dream
- 16 A “Breeze”, 2 Cruises In 1 Month And I Am Still Under 400lbs.. Maybe?
- 17 Singles Cruise Options
- 18 Well that was fast!
- 19 Norwegian - a tale of a disappearing cruise
- 20 NCl Getaway eastern Caribbean out of Miami
- 21 Sydney pre-cruise hotel recommendations
- 22 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 23 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 24 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 25 Are drinks packages worth buying?