Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
- 1 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 2 Prep for First Cruise-- August 2014
- 3 Copenhagen pier
- 4 TRANSATLANTIC CRUISING TIPS AND OPINIONS
- 5 Island Princess Panama Canal Cruise excursion
- 6 Cruising?
- 7 Mediteranean cruise in Nov
- 8 Azamara cruises
- 9 Best way to prevent seasickness?
- 10 the new Royal Caribbean menu 2013
- 11 Carnival Cheers Program more expensive on all all-you-can-drink ships but 2
- 12 RCCL or Princess for Alaska
- 13 Florida Bus
- 14 transportation from Port Charlotte to Fort Everglades
- 15 News. Viking river cruises entering ocean liner market.
- 16 Please help with Ketchikan
- 17 St.Croix dropped as cruise stop
- 18 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 19 How are Carnival Cruises during the winter months?
- 20 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 21 Are there any cruises to South America that depart from the United States?
- 22 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 23 Who wants to join us on Pacific Coastal?
- 24 Cruising to Iceland
- 25 San Diego Zoo