Use caution when booking your cabin. We were with a travel group and did not get to select our cabin. We were given Cabin #234, which was in a higher price category and the last room on the floor. The cabin was located against the engine room. The sound was deafening and the vibration was immense. We traveled upstream from Amsterdam to Basil and the boat was at full throttle many nights. My husband and I could barely hear each other talk and we could never hear the captain's announcements, even when the boat was at normal speed. The room vibrated so badly that items fell off the counters and the bed shook badly throughout the night. We were sleepless each night and stressed to the point of becoming ill. We managed to sleep from exhaustion when the ship arrived at the docks, thus missing breakfasts and many excursions. The ship was full, with no alternative rooms to move to. One day, we returned to the ship to find that our room was full of the smell of fuel oil. We were dismayed to be told by the captain, hotel manager, housekeeper and bartender that they knew there were problems with this room! Why book it??? Especially at this higher category price?? The bartender told us that they moved people from that room every trip. This was very unacceptable and greatly affected our trip.
Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Steep cruise discounts
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Back from Epic cruise
- 4 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 5 Staying active on a river cruise
- 6 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 7 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 8 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 9 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 10 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 11 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 12 Which cruise one to use??
- 13 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 14 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 15 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 16 Formal nights on cruise
- 17 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 18 Cruises for singles
- 19 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 20 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 21 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 22 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 23 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 24 Tours in Greece
- 25 Azamara Quest - Malaysia Jan 2015