Use caution when booking your cabin. We were with a travel group and did not get to select our cabin. We were given Cabin #234, which was in a higher price category and the last room on the floor. The cabin was located against the engine room. The sound was deafening and the vibration was immense. We traveled upstream from Amsterdam to Basil and the boat was at full throttle many nights. My husband and I could barely hear each other talk and we could never hear the captain's announcements, even when the boat was at normal speed. The room vibrated so badly that items fell off the counters and the bed shook badly throughout the night. We were sleepless each night and stressed to the point of becoming ill. We managed to sleep from exhaustion when the ship arrived at the docks, thus missing breakfasts and many excursions. The ship was full, with no alternative rooms to move to. One day, we returned to the ship to find that our room was full of the smell of fuel oil. We were dismayed to be told by the captain, hotel manager, housekeeper and bartender that they knew there were problems with this room! Why book it??? Especially at this higher category price?? The bartender told us that they moved people from that room every trip. This was very unacceptable and greatly affected our trip.
Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 2 Carnival's newest ship Carnival Vista deck plans
- 3 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 4 Celebrity Infinity South America and Antarctica Packing Help
- 5 1 night in Denali
- 6 Veendam vs. Summit
- 7 Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking
- 8 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 9 Antarctica Cruise
- 10 Alaska in summer
- 11 Take my daughter on a one week cruise in March
- 12 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 13 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 14 Cruise worries
- 15 Alaska Cruise
- 16 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 17 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 18 RC Majesty of the seas versus Caribbean Princess
- 19 An Introduction to new member
- 20 Is dreamlines.nl scam?
- 21 Sunday in Livorno
- 22 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 23 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 24 Alaska Cruise with 19 month old
- 25 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise