Use caution when booking your cabin. We were with a travel group and did not get to select our cabin. We were given Cabin #234, which was in a higher price category and the last room on the floor. The cabin was located against the engine room. The sound was deafening and the vibration was immense. We traveled upstream from Amsterdam to Basil and the boat was at full throttle many nights. My husband and I could barely hear each other talk and we could never hear the captain's announcements, even when the boat was at normal speed. The room vibrated so badly that items fell off the counters and the bed shook badly throughout the night. We were sleepless each night and stressed to the point of becoming ill. We managed to sleep from exhaustion when the ship arrived at the docks, thus missing breakfasts and many excursions. The ship was full, with no alternative rooms to move to. One day, we returned to the ship to find that our room was full of the smell of fuel oil. We were dismayed to be told by the captain, hotel manager, housekeeper and bartender that they knew there were problems with this room! Why book it??? Especially at this higher category price?? The bartender told us that they moved people from that room every trip. This was very unacceptable and greatly affected our trip.
Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 New charge on NCL
- 2 is Holland America meal plan worth it?
- 3 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 4 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 5 1st time on NCL. Any tips please.
- 6 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 7 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 8 Pearl Seas River cruises
- 9 Considering European river cruise?
- 10 Alaska Soutbound: Coral Princess or Zaandam?
- 11 Alaska Cruise Tour Royal Carribean or Princess
- 12 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 13 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 14 Formal dress required?
- 15 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 16 River Cruising
- 17 Assult on Golden Princess
- 18 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 19 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 20 discount travel agents
- 21 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 22 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 23 Barge cruises in France
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!