I am preparing for my upcoming Antarctica cruise (Lindblad - December 2012) and need guidance for protecting camera equipment while taking part in excursions on the zodiacs. I plan to take a Canon Rebel T2i with 18-270mm lens and a compact Sony Cybershot.
Is a protective waterproof camera cover necessary? If yes, please provide type/brand used or any other useful tips for protecting the equipment. Did anyone experience their camera "freezing up" on the zodiacs due to the temperatures?
Also, did you carry a backpack/camera bag with you on the Zodiac or just had the camera hanging from the strap around your neck. I have a Billingham 107 Bag that can be converted into a backpack (harness can be purchased seperately)--just wandering if this is a necessary expense.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 2 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 3 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 4 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 5 river cruises what do you love
- 6 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 7 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 8 NYC Tour before cruise
- 9 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 10 Pre-cruise hotel
- 11 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 12 port excursion recommendations
- 13 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 14 Caribbean in 17/18
- 15 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 16 Cruises Only - Be careful
- 17 Dietary requests
- 18 Panama Canal - 7-9 days
- 19 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 20 Zanzibar any ideas?
- 21 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 22 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 23 Pirates!
- 24 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 25 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
Antarctica-How did you protect camera on Zodiac excursions?