I am preparing for my upcoming Antarctica cruise (Lindblad - December 2012) and need guidance for protecting camera equipment while taking part in excursions on the zodiacs. I plan to take a Canon Rebel T2i with 18-270mm lens and a compact Sony Cybershot.
Is a protective waterproof camera cover necessary? If yes, please provide type/brand used or any other useful tips for protecting the equipment. Did anyone experience their camera "freezing up" on the zodiacs due to the temperatures?
Also, did you carry a backpack/camera bag with you on the Zodiac or just had the camera hanging from the strap around your neck. I have a Billingham 107 Bag that can be converted into a backpack (harness can be purchased seperately)--just wandering if this is a necessary expense.
Antarctica-How did you protect camera on Zodiac excursions?
- 1 Shore Excursions Falmouth, Jamaica and Grand Cayman
- 2 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 3 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 4 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 5 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 6 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 7 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 8 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 9 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 10 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 11 Cayos Cochinos
- 12 California Coastal Cruise
- 13 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 14 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 15 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 16 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 23 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 24 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 25 Short cruise, small boat on Prince William Sound Alaska?