I've checked on nine- day cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage (one way) on either HAL or Diamond Princess. Regent Seven Seas is also intriguing but seems pricey for me from what I see on their website at around $5K per person. I'm 66 and my wife is 56 so we don't need late night amenities. I'm leaning toward HAL because their ships seem smaller and seem to cater to an older crowd. But seeking advice on others on this forum who have used HAL on this Alaska route and whether the food, rooms, service, extras, were good quality. Is a verandah or balcony worth the extra cost? Am I right to lean more to HAL for our needs? Any other advice? Thank you for your help
Alaska: Holland America vs Diamond Princess?
- 1 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 2 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 3 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 4 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 5 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 6 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 7 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 8 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 9 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 10 Cayos Cochinos
- 11 California Coastal Cruise
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 14 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 15 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 16 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?