I've checked on nine- day cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage (one way) on either HAL or Diamond Princess. Regent Seven Seas is also intriguing but seems pricey for me from what I see on their website at around $5K per person. I'm 66 and my wife is 56 so we don't need late night amenities. I'm leaning toward HAL because their ships seem smaller and seem to cater to an older crowd. But seeking advice on others on this forum who have used HAL on this Alaska route and whether the food, rooms, service, extras, were good quality. Is a verandah or balcony worth the extra cost? Am I right to lean more to HAL for our needs? Any other advice? Thank you for your help
Alaska: Holland America vs Diamond Princess?
- 1 Best way to prevent seasickness?
- 2 Copenhagen pier
- 3 Fares Go Down Late?
- 4 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 5 Prep for First Cruise-- August 2014
- 6 TRANSATLANTIC CRUISING TIPS AND OPINIONS
- 7 Island Princess Panama Canal Cruise excursion
- 8 Cruising?
- 9 Mediteranean cruise in Nov
- 10 Azamara cruises
- 11 the new Royal Caribbean menu 2013
- 12 Carnival Cheers Program more expensive on all all-you-can-drink ships but 2
- 13 RCCL or Princess for Alaska
- 14 Florida Bus
- 15 transportation from Port Charlotte to Fort Everglades
- 16 News. Viking river cruises entering ocean liner market.
- 17 Please help with Ketchikan
- 18 St.Croix dropped as cruise stop
- 19 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 20 How are Carnival Cruises during the winter months?
- 21 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 22 Are there any cruises to South America that depart from the United States?
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Who wants to join us on Pacific Coastal?
- 25 Cruising to Iceland