Our family of 6, incl. 2 young grade schoolers and 2 Jr high kids, is considering two possible RC cruises this summer, but need advice re the non-overlapping cities (particularly advice on Turkey versus Montenegro, Dubrovnik versus Zadar). We have gone on the Western Med cruise out of Barcelona and enjoyed our time on the west coast of Italy, Mallorca and Cannes.
10 night Greece & the Adriatic Cruise
11 night Greece, Turkey, & Croatia cruise
Venice, Italy (2 nights, days 1 and 11)
We tend to like walking through the towns and looking at the architecture, visiting ancient sites, going to city parks, or going to the beach and swimming near the shore with the children. We're not shoppers or scuba divers.
I would love to hear your advice on whether Dubrovnik should be selected over Zadar and Kusadasi over Kotor. I don't know much about the non-overlapping Greek isles, but thought I would start with the above 4 cities and obtain opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Viking consumer beware
- 2 Scenic cruise advice
- 3 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 4 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 5 Small Ship Alaska
- 6 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 7 Pre-cruise hotel
- 8 Amadeus river cruise
- 9 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 10 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 11 We finally made up our minds...
- 12 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 13 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 14 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 15 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 16 Caribbean Update
- 17 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 18 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 19 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 20 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 21 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 22 river cruises what do you love
- 23 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 24 NYC Tour before cruise
- 25 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague