Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password reset Contact ☎ 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h Supp0rt 24\7
- 2 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 3 Small Ship Alaska
- 4 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 5 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 6 Pre-cruise hotel
- 7 Amadeus river cruise
- 8 The Baltic - When itinerary means everything
- 9 There IS a difference between a travel and cruise agent..
- 10 We finally made up our minds...
- 11 Touring on your own with Viking River Cruise
- 12 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 13 Viking Ocean Cruise
- 14 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 15 Caribbean Update
- 16 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 17 A Transatlantic including Boston/NYC/Bermuda/Nassau and Miami
- 18 One way cruise to Europe from FL
- 19 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 20 Windstar Sea Breeze
- 21 river cruises what do you love
- 22 Rhine River Cruise with AMAwaterways
- 23 NYC Tour before cruise
- 24 UNIWORLD River Beatrice Budapest to Prague
- 25 port excursion recommendations
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending