Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Cruisewear on Princess
- 2 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 3 RD poll of most trusted cruise in USA.
- 4 Port Canaveral Orlando _ what to do
- 5 Car rental from Norwegian Pride of America
- 6 European River Cruises - strategy
- 7 Port Canaveral
- 8 Formal nights
- 9 St Petersburg & Scandinavian Gems
- 10 Alaska Cruise
- 11 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 12 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 13 November Mediterranean Cruise
- 14 NCL Loses all our reservations
- 15 Accident on Harmony of the seas. Crew killed and injured.
- 16 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 17 River Cruising-Eastern Europe
- 18 Luggage storage or transport from Yokohama to Haneda Airport
- 19 Norwegian Fjord cruise room choic
- 20 Viking River Cruise Accident, Two Crew Killed
- 21 Carnival Vista creams dock will exiting port of Messina!
- 22 cheaper to do round trip from Rome (R/T) vs. Rome and Venice (O/W)
- 23 Using Global Entry at Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal
- 24 quality of m/v artemis
- 25 1st time cruise!
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending