Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Travel buddy
- 2 A Pandaw Cruise In Burma
- 3 Segway: Has anyone taken one of these port tours?
- 4 Cost of Alcoholic Beverages
- 5 Best Blue Cruise in Marmaris-Turkey
- 6 Low water cruise complaints
- 7 Alaska: Norwegian or Princess...
- 8 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 9 Best Food on Luxury Cruise Lines
- 10 Holland america oosterdam
- 11 No recourse for a change of itinerary
- 12 Very disappointed with Viking River Cruises
- 13 Cruises survey
- 14 Advice on cruise: Boston to Bahams
- 15 Viking River Cruise - Pretty darn good!!
- 16 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 17 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 18 Customer Experience Research - Short 2 minute Survey. Help Appreciated.
- 19 Viking Danube River Bus Tour
- 20 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 21 Viking Danube cruise: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- 22 High and dry Viking River Cruises...
- 23 Silversea the BEST
- 24 Hats off to Viking
- 25 Viking River Cruise- Please Black list this company
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending