Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Professional Muscle Building Tips
- 2 Seasickness and Canary Islands Cruise
- 3 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 4 Crusing Cape Town to Singapore...need help
- 5 Pirates!
- 6 Looking for Arctic cruise deals
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Viking changes itinerary
- 9 Trying to decide to cruise to Port of Call Key West
- 10 Windsurf Sept 10 Dublin to Lisbon....anyone?
- 11 Cape Liberty cruise terminal
- 12 Murder on the High Sea
- 13 Cruising need suggestions for ports in South Africa
- 14 Grand Celebration review
- 15 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 16 Princess - Needs Help!
- 17 Antarctica Adventure
- 18 Roll calls
- 19 Help With First Cruise to Alaska
- 20 Celebrity Reflection Western Mediterranean Cruise
- 21 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 22 Alaskan Cruise Misc Questions...
- 23 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 24 What to pack for alaska
- 25 Princess Plus: a Review of the Regal Princess
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending