Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 2 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 3 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 4 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 5 Pavlus Travel
- 6 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 7 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 8 Legend of the Seas
- 9 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way