Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Smaller ship recommendations for Greek Islands
- 2 Trip Report: Alaska Cruise on a Budget, Local Eating / Shopping in Port
- 3 tips for first cruisers
- 4 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 5 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 6 British Passport Validity
- 7 Panama Canal Cruise Excursion recs
- 8 Juneau Excursions: Mendenhall, Whale Watching, or both?
- 9 European River Cruises - strategy
- 10 Cruising New Zealand?
- 11 Alaskan cruise
- 12 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 13 Excursion Shore
- 14 St Petersburg and Norway cruise?
- 15 Time in ports?
- 16 Rome to port at Civitavecchia
- 17 Choosing a river cruise company in Europe..
- 18 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Room Query
- 19 Windstar cruise around Iceland
- 20 Polferries Guided 4 Day Tour
- 21 Antarctica Trip Report, March 2015, 10 Days
- 22 Best Cruise Excursions in Panama Canal
- 23 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 24 Glacier Trek vs. Glacier + Dog sledding?
- 25 Best Alaska Cruise with Kids!
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending