Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- 2 Windstart-Dundee port to airport transfer
- 3 cruising the Mississippi river
- 4 Carnival Vista, Cruisers Log.. Star Date 24.05.2016 AD
- 5 Spoiled for life
- 6 Santorini excursions
- 7 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 8 Mediterranean Ports Of Call, Carnival Vista
- 9 Barcelona to Rome
- 10 We finally made up our minds...
- 11 Currency for multiple countries
- 12 Oceania Overbooking
- 13 2 NIght PreCruise
- 14 How to plan 1 day in Copenhagen
- 15 Best Way to See Italy and/or Greece?
- 16 Suggestions for excursions in the Greek Isles Oct 2013
- 17 Late arrival for checking-in
- 18 Dubronovik
- 19 Amsterdam - best way to get to city centre from the cruise terminal
- 20 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 21 Sources for finding last minute deals on cruises from Seattle to Alaska?
- 22 alaska cruise
- 23 Juneau excursions Alaska Cruise
- 24 Viking Ocean Cruise nightmare
- 25 Cruise Port in Livorno - Day Trip to Pisa and Lucca
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending