Friends have ventured on these mammoth ocean liners and relatives have slipped onto the river boat cruises and all have survived...
We are a family that like the idea of independant travel and always 'shiyed' away from the cruise 'all in one' approach.
Yet with a (longingly saved for, eagerly awaited) Egypt/Europe holiday approaching soon (ok well over 12months away - so no bookings yet - so recommendations welcome!)
we are eager to hear comments from travellers who have taken a Nile cruise, Lake Nasser Cruise (or both), who have ventured through Italy or Turkey on boat and anywhere in between.
To give us some tips/hints on first time boardings.
Ie: is there such things 'sealegs' and how long does it take to get them, do you get them even on a river?
is a balcony room worth it?
best to not eat from the 'smorgasboard' to keep in better tummyhealth?
as you can see we have heard some 'interesting' stories from cruises.
feel free to enlighten us!!!
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 2 CARNIVAL IS THE WORST.. here's why!
- 3 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 4 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 5 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 6 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 7 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 8 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 9 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 10 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 11 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 12 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 13 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 14 Repositioning Cruise
- 15 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 16 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 17 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 18 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 19 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 20 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 21 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 22 Booking a return flight before noon?
- 23 from civitavecchia port to city of Rome
- 24 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 25 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending