After coming home from our tenth anniversary trip to Maui, the only way to beat my post-vacation blues to is to think about our next big vacation (probably June 2015 as I am a teacher and can really only go for spring break or summer). I am having a hard time narrowing down choices, the more I research the more confused I get (I know, a common problem). We just had an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons on Maui and that's where our expectations are. We also stayed 4 nights prior at a condo resort (Honua Kai) so we are not total luxury snobs though. We are average hard working people (with no kids) who can save up for a trip. So why the Caribbean? I want something with a shorter flight than Maui and hopefully cheaper airfare. I have been to Aruba a long time ago (2001) but would prefer a different island this time.
My top wishes (sort of in order):
1. gorgeous white sandy beaches
2. clear turquoise waters
3. good snorkeling off the beach
4. accommodation on the beach, also with a pool that overlooks the beach/ocean
6. nice restaurants
7. lack of stray dogs (I have an irrational fear of dogs instilled in me by my Mom. Even the friendliest dogs I will be afraid of).
8. not a ton of cruise ships (going in June)
What doesn't matter to me:
4. scuba diving
Would most likely rent a car.
I won't mention the three islands I've been researching the most, kind of want to see if they match up. Thank you!!!!
Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 3 Bahamas Resort
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Which country?
- 6 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 7 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay