After coming home from our tenth anniversary trip to Maui, the only way to beat my post-vacation blues to is to think about our next big vacation (probably June 2015 as I am a teacher and can really only go for spring break or summer). I am having a hard time narrowing down choices, the more I research the more confused I get (I know, a common problem). We just had an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons on Maui and that's where our expectations are. We also stayed 4 nights prior at a condo resort (Honua Kai) so we are not total luxury snobs though. We are average hard working people (with no kids) who can save up for a trip. So why the Caribbean? I want something with a shorter flight than Maui and hopefully cheaper airfare. I have been to Aruba a long time ago (2001) but would prefer a different island this time.
My top wishes (sort of in order):
1. gorgeous white sandy beaches
2. clear turquoise waters
3. good snorkeling off the beach
4. accommodation on the beach, also with a pool that overlooks the beach/ocean
6. nice restaurants
7. lack of stray dogs (I have an irrational fear of dogs instilled in me by my Mom. Even the friendliest dogs I will be afraid of).
8. not a ton of cruise ships (going in June)
What doesn't matter to me:
4. scuba diving
Would most likely rent a car.
I won't mention the three islands I've been researching the most, kind of want to see if they match up. Thank you!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 2 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 3 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 4 Conference in Cuba in February
- 5 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 6 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 7 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 8 Help me to pick an island
- 9 Small boat excursion
- 10 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 11 Overwhelmed....
- 12 Can you tell me where?
- 13 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 14 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 15 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 16 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 17 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 18 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 19 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 20 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 21 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 22 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 23 Help picking an island!!!!
- 24 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 25 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations