After coming home from our tenth anniversary trip to Maui, the only way to beat my post-vacation blues to is to think about our next big vacation (probably June 2015 as I am a teacher and can really only go for spring break or summer). I am having a hard time narrowing down choices, the more I research the more confused I get (I know, a common problem). We just had an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons on Maui and that's where our expectations are. We also stayed 4 nights prior at a condo resort (Honua Kai) so we are not total luxury snobs though. We are average hard working people (with no kids) who can save up for a trip. So why the Caribbean? I want something with a shorter flight than Maui and hopefully cheaper airfare. I have been to Aruba a long time ago (2001) but would prefer a different island this time.
My top wishes (sort of in order):
1. gorgeous white sandy beaches
2. clear turquoise waters
3. good snorkeling off the beach
4. accommodation on the beach, also with a pool that overlooks the beach/ocean
6. nice restaurants
7. lack of stray dogs (I have an irrational fear of dogs instilled in me by my Mom. Even the friendliest dogs I will be afraid of).
8. not a ton of cruise ships (going in June)
What doesn't matter to me:
4. scuba diving
Would most likely rent a car.
I won't mention the three islands I've been researching the most, kind of want to see if they match up. Thank you!!!!
Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 2 Jamaica to Other Island
- 3 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 4 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 5 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 6 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 7 swim up rooms
- 8 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 11 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 12 St. John USVI
- 13 Which Island?
- 14 Carribean vacation with infant
- 15 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 16 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 17 Cayman Islands in October
- 18 things to do in Nassau
- 19 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 20 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 21 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 22 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 23 Best island for early to mid November
- 24 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 25 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!