After coming home from our tenth anniversary trip to Maui, the only way to beat my post-vacation blues to is to think about our next big vacation (probably June 2015 as I am a teacher and can really only go for spring break or summer). I am having a hard time narrowing down choices, the more I research the more confused I get (I know, a common problem). We just had an amazing 5 night stay at the Four Seasons on Maui and that's where our expectations are. We also stayed 4 nights prior at a condo resort (Honua Kai) so we are not total luxury snobs though. We are average hard working people (with no kids) who can save up for a trip. So why the Caribbean? I want something with a shorter flight than Maui and hopefully cheaper airfare. I have been to Aruba a long time ago (2001) but would prefer a different island this time.
My top wishes (sort of in order):
1. gorgeous white sandy beaches
2. clear turquoise waters
3. good snorkeling off the beach
4. accommodation on the beach, also with a pool that overlooks the beach/ocean
6. nice restaurants
7. lack of stray dogs (I have an irrational fear of dogs instilled in me by my Mom. Even the friendliest dogs I will be afraid of).
8. not a ton of cruise ships (going in June)
What doesn't matter to me:
4. scuba diving
Would most likely rent a car.
I won't mention the three islands I've been researching the most, kind of want to see if they match up. Thank you!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 30th anniversary trip
- 2 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 3 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 4 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 5 Bermuda in February or March
- 6 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 7 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 8 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 9 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 10 Safest Islands for Us?
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 13 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 16 Narrowing it down
- 17 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 18 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 19 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 20 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 21 Destination Wedding
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 24 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 25 barbados vs. Bonaire