My wife and I spent a week in St. Kitts last week and just for kicks, decided to stop into a real estate office to find how much land cost. Being a little naive about land prices in the caribbean, we were surprised at how affordable a piece of land is. A 1/4 acre lot on the side of mountain, with amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean, mountains and a constant breeze is around $60,000. St. Kitts looks to be an up and coming island, so we figured it would be a wise investment to purchase a piece of land and sit on it for a few years. Maybe someday we will build a house and rent it out to vacationers. Before we pull the trigger, are there any other islands in the caribbean that would be a better investment?
Would You Buy Land in St. Kitts?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tipping at AI
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 4 Traveling Solo
- 5 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 A Volcanic Paradise
- 8 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 9 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 10 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 11 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 12 St. Kitts, the details
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 15 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 16 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 17 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 18 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?