First off I just want to say that everyone on this board is so full of information and suggestions!!!!! I have learned so much and really want to thank everyone. Although I initially wanted to go to Jamaica, (I will save that dream for another get away), I have now decided on TCI. There will be 8 of us going, 2 couples with our 4 kids, 18, 16, 16. and 15 years old. We plan on renting a villa on Grace Bay, in December. We made this decision as overall it will be less expensive than an AI and will allow us to be able to do more off resort fun stuff. I would like input from all of you seasoned travelers on any suggestions for restaurants, best excursions that are trustworthy and worth the money and whatever other advice/ideas you may have. Overall, our wants are to spend lots of beach time, some snorkeling, hubbies going fishing, horseback riding on the beach, and maybe para-sailing. Night life is not an issue as we are happy sitting around the villa having a few cocktails. We are "budgeting" about $10,000 minimum, for the trip, not including airfare, and expect around 5-7K for the villa. (Hopefully that is being realistic. ) Again, thanks in advance for any and all advice, tips and suggestions you can give me. BTW we are from Northern Minnesota and are used to sub zero temps so weather will be wonderful even if it is cool in TCI.
Woo hoo We made a decision
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Supplement for body building purpose
- 2 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 3 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 4 Cuba Opening Up
- 5 Jamaica all inclusive
- 6 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 7 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin