First off I just want to say that everyone on this board is so full of information and suggestions!!!!! I have learned so much and really want to thank everyone. Although I initially wanted to go to Jamaica, (I will save that dream for another get away), I have now decided on TCI. There will be 8 of us going, 2 couples with our 4 kids, 18, 16, 16. and 15 years old. We plan on renting a villa on Grace Bay, in December. We made this decision as overall it will be less expensive than an AI and will allow us to be able to do more off resort fun stuff. I would like input from all of you seasoned travelers on any suggestions for restaurants, best excursions that are trustworthy and worth the money and whatever other advice/ideas you may have. Overall, our wants are to spend lots of beach time, some snorkeling, hubbies going fishing, horseback riding on the beach, and maybe para-sailing. Night life is not an issue as we are happy sitting around the villa having a few cocktails. We are "budgeting" about $10,000 minimum, for the trip, not including airfare, and expect around 5-7K for the villa. (Hopefully that is being realistic. ) Again, thanks in advance for any and all advice, tips and suggestions you can give me. BTW we are from Northern Minnesota and are used to sub zero temps so weather will be wonderful even if it is cool in TCI.
Woo hoo We made a decision
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 2 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 3 AI in Punta Cana
- 4 ATLANTIS lately?
- 5 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 6 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7