First off I just want to say that everyone on this board is so full of information and suggestions!!!!! I have learned so much and really want to thank everyone. Although I initially wanted to go to Jamaica, (I will save that dream for another get away), I have now decided on TCI. There will be 8 of us going, 2 couples with our 4 kids, 18, 16, 16. and 15 years old. We plan on renting a villa on Grace Bay, in December. We made this decision as overall it will be less expensive than an AI and will allow us to be able to do more off resort fun stuff. I would like input from all of you seasoned travelers on any suggestions for restaurants, best excursions that are trustworthy and worth the money and whatever other advice/ideas you may have. Overall, our wants are to spend lots of beach time, some snorkeling, hubbies going fishing, horseback riding on the beach, and maybe para-sailing. Night life is not an issue as we are happy sitting around the villa having a few cocktails. We are "budgeting" about $10,000 minimum, for the trip, not including airfare, and expect around 5-7K for the villa. (Hopefully that is being realistic. ) Again, thanks in advance for any and all advice, tips and suggestions you can give me. BTW we are from Northern Minnesota and are used to sub zero temps so weather will be wonderful even if it is cool in TCI.
Woo hoo We made a decision
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 3 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 4 Advice needed
- 5 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 6 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 9 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 10 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 11 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 12 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 13 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 14 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?