I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Move to bahamas
- 2 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 3 Where should we go? Feeling overwhelmed
- 4 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 5 Ecotourism - are there organized tours
- 6 Choosing the best island for Honeymoon
- 7 Caribbean ferries
- 8 Choosing the Right Island
- 9 car rental in barbados
- 10 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 11 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 12 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 13 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 14 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 15 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 16 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 17 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 18 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 19 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 20 Aruba help!
- 21 St Martin
- 22 Planning a three week trip
- 23 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 24 Casa Karma
- 25 Honeymoon - please help!