I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 2 Restaurant Suggestions
- 3 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 4 Honeymoon Help!!
- 5 Aruba weather
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 8 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 9 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 10 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 11 Taxi info. Self touring
- 12 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 13 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 14 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 15 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 16 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 17 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 18 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 19 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 20 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 21 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 22 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel
- 23 Puerto Rico vs. US Virgin Islands
- 24 Which Island?
- 25 T&C or Anguilla 5 or 6 bed villa rental wanted