I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Netflix technical Support Phone Number H∑LP >>1800-841-6436
- 2 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 3 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 4 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 5 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 6 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 7 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 8 Island advice plz!
- 9 Cubarinking water?
- 10 First time to PR
- 11 St. John Trip Report
- 12 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 13 Cuba
- 14 Scrub Island Resort
- 15 St Kitts' Bakery
- 16 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 17 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 18 Coral Sands, Exuma
- 19 St. Thomas- place to stay, rental car & night cruise suggestions
- 20 Best Luxury Caribbean Resort
- 21 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 22 July Adventure
- 23 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 24 Help me plan the right island(s)!
- 25 Family vacation for divers