I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice@: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800.:681:.7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 Creative@: yahoo Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800.:540:.6830 yahoo 24*7
- 3 holidays: ESET tec*h suppOrt C0NTECT 18oo/570*1233 €SET 24*7
- 4 €xclusive: AVAST Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800.70:.1233 norton 24*7
- 5 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 8 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 9 PR or USVI
- 10 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 11 Havana Hotel
- 12 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 13 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 14 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 15 Cayman Islands Currency
- 16 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 17 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 18 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 19 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 20 Havana
- 21 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 22 Scrub Island Resort
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 St. Maarten--car rental or do without?
- 25 Rental car agencies near cruise terminal in St. Maarten?