I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Woman driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 4 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 5 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 6 Caribbean with grown kids
- 7 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 8 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!