I have looked through the US Government Travel site as well as guidebooks and can find no information about women driving alone in Martinique and Guadeloupe. I want to leave the main towns when I visit in January but am a little hesitant to rent a car as I will be on my own. Taxis seem prohibitive. Does anyone out there have any ideas about the relative safety of taking a car into the back country of Martinique and Guadeloupe as a solo woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 2 Cuba
- 3 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 4 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 5 Conference in Cuba in February
- 6 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 7 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 8 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 9 Help me to pick an island
- 10 Small boat excursion
- 11 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 12 Overwhelmed....
- 13 Can you tell me where?
- 14 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 15 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 16 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 17 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 18 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 19 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 20 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 21 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 22 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 23 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 24 Help picking an island!!!!
- 25 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches