Hi everyone -
I've been enjoying reading old posts - there certainly are plenty of resources right here from people's past questions regarding toddlers and Caribbean vacations.
I wanted to throw a question out there hoping for some more personalized advice, however.
We are considering a trip either during President's Week or the last week of March (I'm a teacher, zero flexibility on dates), probably 4-5 nights, and seeking an island that has direct flights from NYC. After reading, I've narrowed it down to Turks & Caicos or St. Maarten, but am still open to other ideas. Our budget isn't huge - we'd like to spend about $3000 (tops), all told. I have some reward points that I could most likely put towards a chunk of the airfare.
My husband and I know that bringing a toddler to a beach won't be like the "old days," (lolling on a hammock, getting up to seek some good guacamole, returning to the porch of the oceanfront cottage to read some more)... rather we'll be looking for the simple pleasures of enjoying a special place with our little girl. What would make her have a great time - a kiddie pool/shallow splash area, accommodations that include a kitchen so we don't have to worry about asking so much of her day in and day out in restaurants...and maybe some activities for kids, but the kind that we would do with her - we will not be leaving her with any daycares or sitter services and we don't need to see Sesame Street characters walking around. We're not adverse to an "all inclusive" idea, but maybe something on the more intimate side, since we really only ever liked to travel to small guest houses, etc. So certainly we'd want this trip to be win-win - our daughter has a good time, but we also get the most out of our vacation (and hard earned money!) - something with an ocean view...something that feels a little special.
We've never been to the Caribbean so don't have the lay of the land. I'd appreciate all advice that you would have on specific places we could look for accommodations.
Finally, I was browsing Frommer's Best Family Vacations article, and saw a place in Barbados that caught my eye for its reasonable prices and kiddie pool...Amaryllis Beach Resort. Anyone heard of it?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 시즌온라인 릴게임 ◎♧홈 피 = v vz338.com ◎♧
- 2 한게임바둑이 ◐≫nnk688.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 3 다빈치 릴게임 ⊙●홈 피 - v vz338.com ⊙●
- 4 오션파라다이스 릴게임 ☞◇접 속 : v vz338.com ☞◇
- 5 성인온라인 릴게임 ☞◇접 속 : v vz338.com ☞◇
- 6 황금성 온라인게임 ▣☆접 속 : v vz338.com ▣☆
- 7 릴게임야마토 ◐☆주_소= v vz338.com ◐☆
- 8 백경 릴게임온라인 ◎♧홈 피 = v vz338.com ◎♧
- 9 백경 릴게임온라인 ◎♧홈 피 = v vz338.com ◎♧
- 10 Family of 5 undecided island
- 11 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 13 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 14 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 15 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 16 Tortola next week
- 17 Summer trip
- 18 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 19 DR vs. Mexico
- 20 Surf Fly Fishing
- 21 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 22 Christmas 2017
- 23 Honeymoon Help!!
- 24 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 25 What to do in Barbados with teens?
Winter holiday with 2 year old - need help choosing accommodations.
Hi everyone -