Hi everyone -
I've been enjoying reading old posts - there certainly are plenty of resources right here from people's past questions regarding toddlers and Caribbean vacations.
I wanted to throw a question out there hoping for some more personalized advice, however.
We are considering a trip either during President's Week or the last week of March (I'm a teacher, zero flexibility on dates), probably 4-5 nights, and seeking an island that has direct flights from NYC. After reading, I've narrowed it down to Turks & Caicos or St. Maarten, but am still open to other ideas. Our budget isn't huge - we'd like to spend about $3000 (tops), all told. I have some reward points that I could most likely put towards a chunk of the airfare.
My husband and I know that bringing a toddler to a beach won't be like the "old days," (lolling on a hammock, getting up to seek some good guacamole, returning to the porch of the oceanfront cottage to read some more)... rather we'll be looking for the simple pleasures of enjoying a special place with our little girl. What would make her have a great time - a kiddie pool/shallow splash area, accommodations that include a kitchen so we don't have to worry about asking so much of her day in and day out in restaurants...and maybe some activities for kids, but the kind that we would do with her - we will not be leaving her with any daycares or sitter services and we don't need to see Sesame Street characters walking around. We're not adverse to an "all inclusive" idea, but maybe something on the more intimate side, since we really only ever liked to travel to small guest houses, etc. So certainly we'd want this trip to be win-win - our daughter has a good time, but we also get the most out of our vacation (and hard earned money!) - something with an ocean view...something that feels a little special.
We've never been to the Caribbean so don't have the lay of the land. I'd appreciate all advice that you would have on specific places we could look for accommodations.
Finally, I was browsing Frommer's Best Family Vacations article, and saw a place in Barbados that caught my eye for its reasonable prices and kiddie pool...Amaryllis Beach Resort. Anyone heard of it?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 2 Need info on Treasure Cay Bahamas
- 3 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 4 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 5 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 6 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 7 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 8 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 9 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 10 Choosing the Right Island
- 11 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 12 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 13 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 14 Aruba help!
- 15 St Martin
- 16 Planning a three week trip
- 17 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 18 Casa Karma
- 19 Honeymoon - please help!
- 20 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 21 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 22 Cuba
- 23 Negril, Jamaica resorts for young people
- 24 Cuba: February 2016
- 25 Cuba - Old Havana Travel Report
Winter holiday with 2 year old - need help choosing accommodations.
Hi everyone -