Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Will someone just make the decision for me?!
Long story short(er):
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Carry on size Bahamas
- 2 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 3 Vacation Ideas
- 4 St John March, where to stay
- 5 The right adults-only resort
- 6 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 7 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 8 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 9 Cupecoy Beach
- 10 Tips for bahamas
- 11 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 12 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 13 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 14 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 15 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 16 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 17 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 18 walkable hotels
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Back from San Juan
- 21 St Thomas
- 22 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 23 St Thomas need condo advice and trip plans
- 24 Grenada - Coyaba vs. Flamboyant
- 25 Aruba Restaurants