Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 2 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 3 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 4 Help on choosing where to visit
- 5 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 6 which island?
- 7 40th birthday with friends
- 8 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 9 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 10 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 11 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 12 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 Cuba in November
- 16 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 17 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 18 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 19 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 20 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 21 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 22 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 23 Tennis in Aruba question
- 24 christmas in the caribbean
- 25 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
Long story short(er):