Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First trip trip Puerto Rico
- 2 Grenada
- 3 Resorts that offer private homes/villa
- 4 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 5 aruba planning advice
- 6 New Years Eve / St John
- 7 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 8 Looking for island choice help
- 9 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 10 US Cash in Cuba
- 11 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 12 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 13 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 14 Peterson
- 15 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 16 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 17 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 18 So very lost trying to plan..please help
- 19 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 20 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 21 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 22 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 23 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 24 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?
- 25 Casa Particular in Trinidad
Long story short(er):