Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Will someone just make the decision for me?!
Long story short(er):
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 2 Bahamas Resort
- 3 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 4 Which country?
- 5 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 6 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 7 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 8 Antigua or St Martin
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay