Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 2 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 3 Overwhelmed....
- 4 Small boat excursion
- 5 Can you tell me where?
- 6 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 7 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 8 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 9 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 10 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 11 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 12 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 13 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 16 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 17 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 18 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 19 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 20 Help picking an island!!!!
- 21 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 22 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 23 When to go to El Yunque
- 24 Which beach is quieter? The one at Frangapani or Cuisinart?
- 25 DAY 12 - SUNRISE IN PUNTA CANA, SHOPPING
Long story short(er):