Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Will someone just make the decision for me?!
Long story short(er):
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The right adults-only resort
- 2 walkable hotels
- 3 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 4 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 5 Jamaica to Other Island
- 6 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 7 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 8 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 9 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 10 swim up rooms
- 11 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 12 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 13 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 14 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 15 St. John USVI
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Carribean vacation with infant
- 18 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 19 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 things to do in Nassau
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 25 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados