Long story short(er):
My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in April/May. He is pretty flexible, but I find myself over-researching every location and I just can't make up my mind! Please help
Our budget for 7 nights: approximately $3000-5000 for food and hotel (not including airfare, will try to use miles).
Our wish list:
- ON the beach, literally as close as possible
- variety of restaurants and beach bars nearby
- the possibility of driving around and/or taking tours
- swimming and snorkeling
We are open to big vs. small resorts vs. all inclusive. We do not want a condo this time around (no cooking on vacation please).
My research has taken me to:
- St. Lucia (worried the beaches are too dark and water full of seaweed)
- Anguilla (having a hard time finding accommodations in our price range)
- Barbados (confused by mixed reviews of accommodations in our price range)
- The Grenadines (wondering if it is too difficult to get to)
Notes: We love Grand Cayman and St John! We thought Grace Bay Beach was gorgeous, but we were not impressed with Provodenciales at all.
Basically, I'm just hung up on finding the most ideal location that includes an amazing beach, beautiful water, as well as an attractive island with some romance and fun The Internet provides me with too much information. LOL.
Thoughts or advice?
Overwhelmed but in need of a vacation
Will someone just make the decision for me?!
Long story short(er):
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 4 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 5 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 6 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 7 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 8 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 9 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 10 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 15 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 16 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 17 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 18 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 19 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 20 Which island?
- 21 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 22 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 23 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 24 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 25 Crime in Providenciales TCI