We have read several guide books (including Fodors) on the Bahamas, in particular the Family Islands or Out Islands, trying to decide where to go in November. We are sure that Grand Bahama, New Providence and Paradise Island are not for us, but trying to decide among some of the others' is difficult. The likely candidates are: Eleuthera, Cat Island, Great Exuma and Long Island. We are looking for an island that offers most of the following: excellent and varied dive sites and facilities for divers; interesting landscapes to discover; nearby secluded beaches for sunning and snorkling; and a hotel/resort with sailing, biking, boating and restaurant facilites with a friendly, casual staff. We would consider renting a villa rather than staying at a hotel if anyone can provide details of a place they particularly enjoyed. Our current favorite based on the guidebooks is the Romora Bay Club on Harbour Island, Eleuthera. Any and all specific information would be appreciated.
Which One?: The Family Islands, Bahamas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?