We have read several guide books (including Fodors) on the Bahamas, in particular the Family Islands or Out Islands, trying to decide where to go in November. We are sure that Grand Bahama, New Providence and Paradise Island are not for us, but trying to decide among some of the others' is difficult. The likely candidates are: Eleuthera, Cat Island, Great Exuma and Long Island. We are looking for an island that offers most of the following: excellent and varied dive sites and facilities for divers; interesting landscapes to discover; nearby secluded beaches for sunning and snorkling; and a hotel/resort with sailing, biking, boating and restaurant facilites with a friendly, casual staff. We would consider renting a villa rather than staying at a hotel if anyone can provide details of a place they particularly enjoyed. Our current favorite based on the guidebooks is the Romora Bay Club on Harbour Island, Eleuthera. Any and all specific information would be appreciated.
Which One?: The Family Islands, Bahamas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 2 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 3 Cuba Opening Up
- 4 Just back from The Somerset
- 5 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 6 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 7 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 8 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Sandals Resorts
- 11 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 12 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 13 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 14 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 15 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Cuba in 10 days
- 18 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 19 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 20 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 21 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 22 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 23 Villa rental on St. John
- 24 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 25 Just back from St. Maarten