My partner and I have travelled a lot but generally backpacker style pre parenthood and never to the Caribbean, I found this website and the info seems great, hoping you can help! We are planning on flying from the UK to San Francisco and renting a small RV to explore Yosemite for a week and we would like to stop off for a week in the Caribbean on the way home for relaxation and home comforts after roughing it! April/May 2013.
We are looking for more than just a beach, although I LOVE beaches, but my partner has ants in his pants and likes to explore. Can you recommend somewhere that isn't too busy/touristy which ticks these boxes and has things we can do with our daughter who will be 18months. We are not after kids club for her, but maybe a baby listening service for an evening or two.
Also can you recommend whether we would be better renting a villa or going to a resort with our needs.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?