My partner and I have travelled a lot but generally backpacker style pre parenthood and never to the Caribbean, I found this website and the info seems great, hoping you can help! We are planning on flying from the UK to San Francisco and renting a small RV to explore Yosemite for a week and we would like to stop off for a week in the Caribbean on the way home for relaxation and home comforts after roughing it! April/May 2013.
We are looking for more than just a beach, although I LOVE beaches, but my partner has ants in his pants and likes to explore. Can you recommend somewhere that isn't too busy/touristy which ticks these boxes and has things we can do with our daughter who will be 18months. We are not after kids club for her, but maybe a baby listening service for an evening or two.
Also can you recommend whether we would be better renting a villa or going to a resort with our needs.
Which island with an 18month old and things to see and do
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 3 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 4 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 7 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 8 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 9 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 10 Which island?
- 11 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 15 St. Croix and sea grass
- 16 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 17 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 18 Bahamas Resort
- 19 Which country?
- 20 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 21 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 22 Antigua or St Martin
- 23 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 24 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 25 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???