Hi! I am planning a trip with my girlfriend for one week and need some help on which island to visit. We love St Martin and Barbados but want to try something different. We do not like all inclusives and love to mingle with the locals. We also enjoy venturing off on our own to explore so safety is a priority. We are going alone so would like to avoid the family vacation hot spots. We enjoy good food,decent nightlife and beautiful beaches. We considered Jamaica but had heard that its not safe to leave your resort. We are looking for a relaxing time so not too much adventure. Considered going back to St Martin if nothing else catches our eyes! Would like some help on narrowing our choices down. Looked at Turks and Caicos but not sure there is enough nightlife. Looked at Jamaica but safety seemed to be an issue. Please help with any suggestions or ideas!!
Which island to visit???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 2 Cuba Opening Up
- 3 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 4 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 5 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 6 Just back from The Somerset
- 7 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 8 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 9 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 10 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 11 Sandals Resorts
- 12 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 13 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 14 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 15 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 16 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 17 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 18 Cuba in 10 days
- 19 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 20 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 21 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 22 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 23 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 24 Villa rental on St. John
- 25 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?