Hi! I am planning a trip with my girlfriend for one week and need some help on which island to visit. We love St Martin and Barbados but want to try something different. We do not like all inclusives and love to mingle with the locals. We also enjoy venturing off on our own to explore so safety is a priority. We are going alone so would like to avoid the family vacation hot spots. We enjoy good food,decent nightlife and beautiful beaches. We considered Jamaica but had heard that its not safe to leave your resort. We are looking for a relaxing time so not too much adventure. Considered going back to St Martin if nothing else catches our eyes! Would like some help on narrowing our choices down. Looked at Turks and Caicos but not sure there is enough nightlife. Looked at Jamaica but safety seemed to be an issue. Please help with any suggestions or ideas!!
Which island to visit???
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?