Hi! I am planning a trip with my girlfriend for one week and need some help on which island to visit. We love St Martin and Barbados but want to try something different. We do not like all inclusives and love to mingle with the locals. We also enjoy venturing off on our own to explore so safety is a priority. We are going alone so would like to avoid the family vacation hot spots. We enjoy good food,decent nightlife and beautiful beaches. We considered Jamaica but had heard that its not safe to leave your resort. We are looking for a relaxing time so not too much adventure. Considered going back to St Martin if nothing else catches our eyes! Would like some help on narrowing our choices down. Looked at Turks and Caicos but not sure there is enough nightlife. Looked at Jamaica but safety seemed to be an issue. Please help with any suggestions or ideas!!
Which island to visit???
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 4 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 5 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 8 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 9 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 10 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 11 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 12 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 13 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 14 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 15 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 18 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 19 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada