My family of 5 (3 kids ages 7-12) would like to spend a few days in the Caribbean in April. The only island we've taken the kids to thus far is Bermuda and they loved it but we'd like to try somewhere different, and somewhere a bit warmer in April. We are trying to figure out which island might be best to visit. I had original been thinking the US Virgin Islands but am wondering if I should expand our horizons and consider the Cayman Islands, Aruba, St. Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, Grenada, Dominica, Antigua, others? I made the mistake of picking up a Caribbean travel guide from the library and now I am more stuck than ever - so many good options! The kids like to be on the go for a part of the day - hiking, beaches, sight seeing, shopping etc - but then like to also have downtime at the hotel for swimming, exploring the grounds etc. It would be helpful to have a hotel with multiple dining options so that we could eat on site rather than having to trek offsite at the end of a long day. Any thoughts for a family such as ours - as far as which island and any hotel recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI trip questions
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 7 Peterson
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 10 St.Lucia newbie
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Aruba weather
- 16 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 17 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Cruise stop activities
- 20 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 21 Jade Mountain
- 22 Honeymoon Help!!
- 23 Bermuda
- 24 Restaurant Suggestions
- 25 Havana Cuba for 2 days