My family of 5 (3 kids ages 7-12) would like to spend a few days in the Caribbean in April. The only island we've taken the kids to thus far is Bermuda and they loved it but we'd like to try somewhere different, and somewhere a bit warmer in April. We are trying to figure out which island might be best to visit. I had original been thinking the US Virgin Islands but am wondering if I should expand our horizons and consider the Cayman Islands, Aruba, St. Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, Grenada, Dominica, Antigua, others? I made the mistake of picking up a Caribbean travel guide from the library and now I am more stuck than ever - so many good options! The kids like to be on the go for a part of the day - hiking, beaches, sight seeing, shopping etc - but then like to also have downtime at the hotel for swimming, exploring the grounds etc. It would be helpful to have a hotel with multiple dining options so that we could eat on site rather than having to trek offsite at the end of a long day. Any thoughts for a family such as ours - as far as which island and any hotel recommendations? Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Dominican republic
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary