This may be too broad of a question, but I am hoping someone who has been to many islands can help me. My husband and I will be going away for 1 week next April or May for our 10th anniiversary, we are in our late 30s. After much discussion we think we will end up in the Caribbean (although Cabo and Hawii are on our short list also).
A few criteria
* We are going to mostly relax at the hotel - we want a nice pool and beach front
* Other than snorkeling (would love to see turtles) we are not really into any water sports
* Would like to rent a car for a day and drive around and see something (nature formations and/oristorical sites), so we want a safe island
* Nightlife would be nice but not a must
* I would not say money is no object, but we are not looking to go lower end either
I have been to Nassau/Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island, The Dominican, Jamaica, Aruba and short visits on a cruise to Grand Cayman & Roatan. We are not looking to repeat what we have already done. I would consider an all-inclusive but am still undecided.
I was considering St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos (although I have heard there is not much to do there other than the beach). Thoughts on these or other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AVG@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 AVG@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 6 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 7 1st time to Barbados
- 8 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 9 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 10 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 11 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 12 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 13 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 14 GTC
- 15 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 16 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 17 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 18 Cayman Islands travel report
- 19 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 20 Curacao times 2
- 21 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 22 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 23 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 24 Bermuda Travel Report
- 25 Cuba Help