This may be too broad of a question, but I am hoping someone who has been to many islands can help me. My husband and I will be going away for 1 week next April or May for our 10th anniiversary, we are in our late 30s. After much discussion we think we will end up in the Caribbean (although Cabo and Hawii are on our short list also).
A few criteria
* We are going to mostly relax at the hotel - we want a nice pool and beach front
* Other than snorkeling (would love to see turtles) we are not really into any water sports
* Would like to rent a car for a day and drive around and see something (nature formations and/oristorical sites), so we want a safe island
* Nightlife would be nice but not a must
* I would not say money is no object, but we are not looking to go lower end either
I have been to Nassau/Paradise Island, Grand Bahama Island, The Dominican, Jamaica, Aruba and short visits on a cruise to Grand Cayman & Roatan. We are not looking to repeat what we have already done. I would consider an all-inclusive but am still undecided.
I was considering St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos (although I have heard there is not much to do there other than the beach). Thoughts on these or other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Assist:: Gmail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:844:291 :6706 Gmail 24*7
- 2 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 3 Havana
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 9 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 10 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations
- 12 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 13 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 14 Family vacation
- 15 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 16 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 17 PR or USVI
- 18 Havana Hotel
- 19 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 20 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 21 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 22 Cayman Islands Currency
- 23 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 24 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 25 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions