Yes, I realize tht this term can have many meanings, so maybe I should explain what I am looking for. In November, my husband and I are planning to take a trip with our toddler, and i am expecting our second baby. We'd like a short flight from the eastern US to a malaria free region with lots of culture and nature. We're well travelled but usually travel very far from home. We're lost as to where to go close to home! Central and South America are out because of malaria, Nova Scotia and remote Canada will be too cold in November, Europe is a bit too far. Perhaps a small, quiet, Caribbean island that has some local culture? Any thoughts? Your advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Which island has the most indigenous culture?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 2 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 3 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 4 Florida or caribbean
- 5 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 6 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 7 Money in Jamaica
- 8 Death in Paradise
- 9 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 10 50+ where to dance?
- 11 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 12 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 13 dominican republic
- 14 Summer family vacation
- 15 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 16 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 17 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 18 St Martin
- 19 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 20 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 21 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 22 Resort villa suggestions
- 23 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 24 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 25 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??