Yes, I realize tht this term can have many meanings, so maybe I should explain what I am looking for. In November, my husband and I are planning to take a trip with our toddler, and i am expecting our second baby. We'd like a short flight from the eastern US to a malaria free region with lots of culture and nature. We're well travelled but usually travel very far from home. We're lost as to where to go close to home! Central and South America are out because of malaria, Nova Scotia and remote Canada will be too cold in November, Europe is a bit too far. Perhaps a small, quiet, Caribbean island that has some local culture? Any thoughts? Your advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Which island has the most indigenous culture?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 4 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 5 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 6 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 7 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 8 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 9 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 10 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay