Yes, I realize tht this term can have many meanings, so maybe I should explain what I am looking for. In November, my husband and I are planning to take a trip with our toddler, and i am expecting our second baby. We'd like a short flight from the eastern US to a malaria free region with lots of culture and nature. We're well travelled but usually travel very far from home. We're lost as to where to go close to home! Central and South America are out because of malaria, Nova Scotia and remote Canada will be too cold in November, Europe is a bit too far. Perhaps a small, quiet, Caribbean island that has some local culture? Any thoughts? Your advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Which island has the most indigenous culture?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for family of 5 (kids-21,18,16) end of June/early July?
- 2 St. Croix and sea grass
- 3 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 4 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 5 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 6 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 7 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 8 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 9 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 10 Tipping at AI
- 11 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 12 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 13 Traveling Solo
- 14 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 15 A Volcanic Paradise
- 16 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 17 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 18 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 19 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 20 St. Kitts, the details
- 21 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 22 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 23 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 24 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 25 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip