Yes, I realize tht this term can have many meanings, so maybe I should explain what I am looking for. In November, my husband and I are planning to take a trip with our toddler, and i am expecting our second baby. We'd like a short flight from the eastern US to a malaria free region with lots of culture and nature. We're well travelled but usually travel very far from home. We're lost as to where to go close to home! Central and South America are out because of malaria, Nova Scotia and remote Canada will be too cold in November, Europe is a bit too far. Perhaps a small, quiet, Caribbean island that has some local culture? Any thoughts? Your advice is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Which island has the most indigenous culture?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 3 T&C Airfare Volatility?
- 4 AI in Punta Cana
- 5 ATLANTIS lately?
- 6 St Thomas lodging before flight home
- 7 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 8 Need Puerto Rico location advice
- 9 Romantic, 30th Birthday for my girlfriend Trip - I NEED HELP!
- 10 Jamaica - Negril, Ochos Rio, or MB?
- 11 Best island for a villa rental
- 12 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 13 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 14 Which Island?
- 15 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 16 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 17 Punta Cana?
- 18 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 19 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 20 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 21 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 22 Advice needed
- 23 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 24 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 25 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7