I'm new here and am looking for some advice, preferably from those who have been to more than 1 of my choices so they can compare. My wife and I and 2 kids who are 11 and 13 are taking a family vacation leaving Thanksgiving for a week and I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places and that's where the readers come in!!! I am wanting a place with some "rainforesty" type exploring/hiking and my wife is looking more for beautiful beaches to relax. We both want a bit of shopping but with 2 kids, nightlife is NOT important to us. We are looking to rent a villa or house to do some of our own cooking and probably rent a car to explore. NOT an all inclusive type resort!! Looking for a relaxed laid back vibe but still stuff to do and maybe visit some other islands. So I have narrowed it down to these 4 places in order of preference-1) St Martin(Maarten), 2)St John (USVI), 3) Turks/Caicos, and 4) Caymen Islands.. From my location I am finding the cheaper airfare is to Cayman and St Johns (St Thomas) but the cheaper lodging is on Turks or Martin. We are also wanting to visit other islands so we can see Anguilla and St Barts from St Martin or we can do the BVIs and St Thomas from St Johns. I am finding St Martin, Turks and Cayman have many oceanfront rentals and St John is more oceanview. I'm not a food snob so cuisine isn't that important as I'd rather have a glass of wine and enjoy dinner on the deck. Although I will eat as much lobster and seafood as I can find. Sorry for the long message but I really need some help. I've been to St Thomas years back and did a day trip to St John and loved it. I guess a 5th option would be the Bahamas (Eletheura Island) as well but temps a bit cooler. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance. Also open to other ideas as well!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/abella-mayfair-cream/
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 4 Cuba weather in March
- 5 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba