I'm new here and am looking for some advice, preferably from those who have been to more than 1 of my choices so they can compare. My wife and I and 2 kids who are 11 and 13 are taking a family vacation leaving Thanksgiving for a week and I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places and that's where the readers come in!!! I am wanting a place with some "rainforesty" type exploring/hiking and my wife is looking more for beautiful beaches to relax. We both want a bit of shopping but with 2 kids, nightlife is NOT important to us. We are looking to rent a villa or house to do some of our own cooking and probably rent a car to explore. NOT an all inclusive type resort!! Looking for a relaxed laid back vibe but still stuff to do and maybe visit some other islands. So I have narrowed it down to these 4 places in order of preference-1) St Martin(Maarten), 2)St John (USVI), 3) Turks/Caicos, and 4) Caymen Islands.. From my location I am finding the cheaper airfare is to Cayman and St Johns (St Thomas) but the cheaper lodging is on Turks or Martin. We are also wanting to visit other islands so we can see Anguilla and St Barts from St Martin or we can do the BVIs and St Thomas from St Johns. I am finding St Martin, Turks and Cayman have many oceanfront rentals and St John is more oceanview. I'm not a food snob so cuisine isn't that important as I'd rather have a glass of wine and enjoy dinner on the deck. Although I will eat as much lobster and seafood as I can find. Sorry for the long message but I really need some help. I've been to St Thomas years back and did a day trip to St John and loved it. I guess a 5th option would be the Bahamas (Eletheura Island) as well but temps a bit cooler. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance. Also open to other ideas as well!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 오션파라다이스 ▣접속:【kss998.com】▣
- 2 5 days in Havana
- 3 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 4 PR or USVI
- 5 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 6 Which Caribbean island?
- 7 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 8 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 9 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 10 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 11 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 12 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 13 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 14 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 15 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 16 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 17 Scrub Island Resort
- 18 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 19 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 20 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 21 Wedding Destinations???
- 22 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11