I'm new here and am looking for some advice, preferably from those who have been to more than 1 of my choices so they can compare. My wife and I and 2 kids who are 11 and 13 are taking a family vacation leaving Thanksgiving for a week and I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places and that's where the readers come in!!! I am wanting a place with some "rainforesty" type exploring/hiking and my wife is looking more for beautiful beaches to relax. We both want a bit of shopping but with 2 kids, nightlife is NOT important to us. We are looking to rent a villa or house to do some of our own cooking and probably rent a car to explore. NOT an all inclusive type resort!! Looking for a relaxed laid back vibe but still stuff to do and maybe visit some other islands. So I have narrowed it down to these 4 places in order of preference-1) St Martin(Maarten), 2)St John (USVI), 3) Turks/Caicos, and 4) Caymen Islands.. From my location I am finding the cheaper airfare is to Cayman and St Johns (St Thomas) but the cheaper lodging is on Turks or Martin. We are also wanting to visit other islands so we can see Anguilla and St Barts from St Martin or we can do the BVIs and St Thomas from St Johns. I am finding St Martin, Turks and Cayman have many oceanfront rentals and St John is more oceanview. I'm not a food snob so cuisine isn't that important as I'd rather have a glass of wine and enjoy dinner on the deck. Although I will eat as much lobster and seafood as I can find. Sorry for the long message but I really need some help. I've been to St Thomas years back and did a day trip to St John and loved it. I guess a 5th option would be the Bahamas (Eletheura Island) as well but temps a bit cooler. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance. Also open to other ideas as well!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Location and resort advice
- 3 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 4 St. Vincent - Boat hire or day tour?
- 5 Cuba: 4.5 days,4 nights
- 6 Havana
- 7 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 8 Barbados-how about this place?
- 9 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 10 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 11 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 12 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 13 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 14 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 15 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 16 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 17 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 18 Restaurant Recommendations
- 19 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 20 Family vacation
- 21 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 22 PR or USVI
- 23 Havana Hotel
- 24 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR