I'm new here and am looking for some advice, preferably from those who have been to more than 1 of my choices so they can compare. My wife and I and 2 kids who are 11 and 13 are taking a family vacation leaving Thanksgiving for a week and I have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 places and that's where the readers come in!!! I am wanting a place with some "rainforesty" type exploring/hiking and my wife is looking more for beautiful beaches to relax. We both want a bit of shopping but with 2 kids, nightlife is NOT important to us. We are looking to rent a villa or house to do some of our own cooking and probably rent a car to explore. NOT an all inclusive type resort!! Looking for a relaxed laid back vibe but still stuff to do and maybe visit some other islands. So I have narrowed it down to these 4 places in order of preference-1) St Martin(Maarten), 2)St John (USVI), 3) Turks/Caicos, and 4) Caymen Islands.. From my location I am finding the cheaper airfare is to Cayman and St Johns (St Thomas) but the cheaper lodging is on Turks or Martin. We are also wanting to visit other islands so we can see Anguilla and St Barts from St Martin or we can do the BVIs and St Thomas from St Johns. I am finding St Martin, Turks and Cayman have many oceanfront rentals and St John is more oceanview. I'm not a food snob so cuisine isn't that important as I'd rather have a glass of wine and enjoy dinner on the deck. Although I will eat as much lobster and seafood as I can find. Sorry for the long message but I really need some help. I've been to St Thomas years back and did a day trip to St John and loved it. I guess a 5th option would be the Bahamas (Eletheura Island) as well but temps a bit cooler. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance. Also open to other ideas as well!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 2 Cuba Help
- 3 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 6 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 7 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 8 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 11 Living in the Caribbean
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma