My husband and I desperately want a getaway without our 1-yr-old (we are expecting our second and want a relaxing weekend away). We basically want a beautiful beach, great food and a luxurious hotel. I need suggestions on what island. We are wide open, but I want it to be pretty easy to get to...we only have 3-4 days and I don't want to spend half the time getting there/getting back. We live in a smallish town in NC, so we would have to connect through Charlotte or Atlanta, so preferably somewhere that has a direct flight from there. We've been to the BVIs, but other than that, we don't have too much experience with the Caribbean. Price is not really an object, but would like to keep the hotel under about $500 a night. Any suggestions you have would be wonderful! Thanks, ya'll!
Which Island for Childless Getaway?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bahamas snorkeling
- 2 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 3 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 6 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 7 Wedding Help!
- 8 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 9 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 10 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 11 Islands with great nightlife
- 12 month stay on a caribbean island
- 13 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 14 Where to stay on Vieques
- 15 Ferry to Rum Point
- 16 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 17 Family with infants/toddlers
- 18 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 19 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 20 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 21 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 22 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 25 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach