My husband and I desperately want a getaway without our 1-yr-old (we are expecting our second and want a relaxing weekend away). We basically want a beautiful beach, great food and a luxurious hotel. I need suggestions on what island. We are wide open, but I want it to be pretty easy to get to...we only have 3-4 days and I don't want to spend half the time getting there/getting back. We live in a smallish town in NC, so we would have to connect through Charlotte or Atlanta, so preferably somewhere that has a direct flight from there. We've been to the BVIs, but other than that, we don't have too much experience with the Caribbean. Price is not really an object, but would like to keep the hotel under about $500 a night. Any suggestions you have would be wonderful! Thanks, ya'll!
Which Island for Childless Getaway?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 2 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 3 Jamaica
- 4 Jamaica all inclusive
- 5 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 6 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 7 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 10 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 13 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 14 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 15 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 16 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 17 Just back from The Somerset
- 18 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 19 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 20 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 21 Sandals Resorts
- 22 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 23 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 24 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 25 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006