Hello All -
I'm having trouble knowing where to start or if I'm even on the right track. We are a family of 5 (us old folks in late 50s - the kids in their late 20s) looking for a vacation this summer and thinking of the Caribbean but wondering if there's enough to explore on the islands that's not all "resort" planned activities. Want a little relaxation but also want a bit of go and see and do. Open to more than one island, we have 2 weeks. Not interested in the big cruise ships (been there, done that) but small is okay.
I know I may not be giving enough info here, but I'm really at a loss to know what to say to get this started. We've traveled a fair bit, but usually to destinations with, at least for me, better known what we will see and do and easier to plan.
Any help to get started would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 2 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 All inclusive
- 5 BVI trip questions
- 6 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 7 DR vs. Mexico
- 8 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 11 Family of 5 undecided island
- 12 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 13 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 14 family resort ideas?
- 15 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 18 First time to Puerto Rico
- 19 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 20 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 21 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 22 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 23 Caribbean Vacation in May
- 24 Punta Cana
- 25 Is St. Maarten Carnival safe?
Which island best for things to do, not all relaxation, some adventure?
Hello All -