Hello All -
I'm having trouble knowing where to start or if I'm even on the right track. We are a family of 5 (us old folks in late 50s - the kids in their late 20s) looking for a vacation this summer and thinking of the Caribbean but wondering if there's enough to explore on the islands that's not all "resort" planned activities. Want a little relaxation but also want a bit of go and see and do. Open to more than one island, we have 2 weeks. Not interested in the big cruise ships (been there, done that) but small is okay.
I know I may not be giving enough info here, but I'm really at a loss to know what to say to get this started. We've traveled a fair bit, but usually to destinations with, at least for me, better known what we will see and do and easier to plan.
Any help to get started would be most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help me to pick an island
- 2 Small boat excursion
- 3 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 4 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 5 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 6 Overwhelmed....
- 7 Can you tell me where?
- 8 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 9 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 10 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 11 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 12 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 13 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 14 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 15 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 16 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 17 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 18 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 19 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 20 Help picking an island!!!!
- 21 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 22 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 23 When to go to El Yunque
- 24 Which beach is quieter? The one at Frangapani or Cuisinart?
- 25 DAY 12 - SUNRISE IN PUNTA CANA, SHOPPING
Which island best for things to do, not all relaxation, some adventure?
Hello All -