My husband and I were thinking about going to the Caribbean in February/March, and I'm having a really hard time picking an island or even really narrowing it down. I've read a ton of forum threads and blog posts about how to pick, but neither of us have ever been so it seems challenging. Hoping you could help us out!
1) 4-5 day trip
2) direct flight from NYC
3) good vegetarian food available (open to eating some fish while there, though)
4) nice hotel (very comfortable bed, view ideal, either very easy access to the beach or a beautiful pool) for less than $600/night
5) beautiful and relaxing (not much interest in nightlife or crazy adventures)
We really just want to have a relaxing and warm respite from the NYC winter. Would love your thoughts on an island to pick - or even better, hotels that fit the bill.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 aruba fun!!!
- 2 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 5 Peterson
- 6 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 7 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 8 St.Lucia newbie
- 9 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 10 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 11 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 12 Turks and caicos
- 13 Aruba weather
- 14 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 15 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 16 Turks and caicos
- 17 Cruise stop activities
- 18 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 19 Jade Mountain
- 20 Honeymoon Help!!
- 21 Bermuda
- 22 Restaurant Suggestions
- 23 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 24 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 25 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?