My husband and I were thinking about going to the Caribbean in February/March, and I'm having a really hard time picking an island or even really narrowing it down. I've read a ton of forum threads and blog posts about how to pick, but neither of us have ever been so it seems challenging. Hoping you could help us out!
1) 4-5 day trip
2) direct flight from NYC
3) good vegetarian food available (open to eating some fish while there, though)
4) nice hotel (very comfortable bed, view ideal, either very easy access to the beach or a beautiful pool) for less than $600/night
5) beautiful and relaxing (not much interest in nightlife or crazy adventures)
We really just want to have a relaxing and warm respite from the NYC winter. Would love your thoughts on an island to pick - or even better, hotels that fit the bill.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 2 Bahamas help
- 3 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 4 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 5 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 6 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 7 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 8 New Destination
- 9 aruba planning advice
- 10 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 11 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 14 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 15 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 16 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 17 Barbados Beaches
- 18 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 19 Peterson
- 20 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 21 Cuba weather in March
- 22 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 23 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 24 Which islands for an extended vacation?
- 25 Puerto Rico