Planning to go to the Caribbean in January with a mate of mine. Have been reading reviews but I'm completely overwhelmed by the choice and people seem to disagree on which islands are best for what.
I'm after a lively island with nice beaches that has a tropical feeling. Ideally a place that isn't full of mega resorts and has a good beach bar scene at night. Im not too fussed about clubs, just as long as there is good outdoors entertainment at night.
Obviously some of the islands are more for couples and on the quiet side so trying to avoid these. I have also excluded Cuba/DR/Barbados.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Honeymoon: Curacao or Barbados?
- 3 Grand Cayman the MOST important day for me - please tell me the BEST underwater experience for my short time there!
- 4 Which Caribbean island is right for me?
- 5 Nassau or Bermuda
- 6 best choice family luxury stay--StJ, BVI, T&C or Nevis
- 7 Moments Tobago – VRBO# 328066 – DON’T stay there!
- 8 Where to celebrate 40 married years!
- 9 Travel warning...mosquito fever on S t. Maarten
- 10 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 11 Is there a reliable way to predict which beaches will be calm?
- 12 Credit Card Alert
- 13 Help With Selecting The A Honeymoon Location
- 14 August Honeymoon...St. Lucia vs. Jamaica...help!
- 15 Honeymoon Location Suggestions
- 16 Coconut Bay Resort or the Landings in St. Lucia??
- 17 Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms or Ritz St. Thomas
- 18 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 19 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 20 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 21 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 22 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 23 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 24 Bahamas snorkeling
- 25 Punta Cana Airport Transfer