Planning to go to the Caribbean in January with a mate of mine. Have been reading reviews but I'm completely overwhelmed by the choice and people seem to disagree on which islands are best for what.
I'm after a lively island with nice beaches that has a tropical feeling. Ideally a place that isn't full of mega resorts and has a good beach bar scene at night. Im not too fussed about clubs, just as long as there is good outdoors entertainment at night.
Obviously some of the islands are more for couples and on the quiet side so trying to avoid these. I have also excluded Cuba/DR/Barbados.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 BVI trip questions
- 2 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 7 Peterson
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 10 St.Lucia newbie
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Aruba weather
- 16 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 17 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Cruise stop activities
- 20 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 21 Jade Mountain
- 22 Honeymoon Help!!
- 23 Bermuda
- 24 Restaurant Suggestions
- 25 Havana Cuba for 2 days