We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 2 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 3 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 4 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 5 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 6 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 7 Looking for destination suggestions
- 8 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 9 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 10 Any suggestions??
- 11 Gustavia stay
- 12 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 13 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 14 My week in Guadeloupe
- 15 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 18 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 19 Freeport, Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 21 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 22 Freeport Hotel
- 23 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 24 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 25 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user