We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 2 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 3 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 4 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 5 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 6 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 9 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 10 Get info about weather.
- 11 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 14 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 15 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 16 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 17 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 18 LIAT Air
- 19 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 20 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 21 Need help again!!
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 AirBnb be aware of a scam on this site (not AirBnb's fault)
- 24 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 25 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba