We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sudden trip! Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?
- 2 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 3 Small resorts like Galley Bay in Caribbean
- 4 Jamaica vs The DR
- 5 Jamica: AI or Not?
- 6 Atlantis - what needs to be booked in advance?
- 7 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 8 celebrating 40
- 9 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 10 Where to go in February/March
- 11 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 12 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 13 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 14 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 15 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 16 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 17 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 18 Which island?
- 19 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 20 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 23 St. Croix and sea grass
- 24 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 25 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?