We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 30th anniversary trip
- 2 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 3 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 4 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 5 Bermuda in February or March
- 6 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 7 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 8 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 9 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 10 Safest Islands for Us?
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 13 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 16 Narrowing it down
- 17 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 18 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 19 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 20 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 21 Destination Wedding
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 24 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 25 barbados vs. Bonaire