We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 2 Weather in Nov
- 3 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 4 Fishing for ideas
- 5 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 6 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 7 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 8 Travel Insurance
- 9 First time cruiser to USVI
- 10 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 11 Cuba
- 12 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 13 Restaurants in Aruba
- 14 long enough layover in SJU?
- 15 The Color of the Water
- 16 Confused what to chose
- 17 Bermuda in Late August
- 18 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 19 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas
- 20 Beach hoilday, 8m old baby in August?
- 21 Small luxe Caribbean hotels
- 22 Caribbean in March 2016
- 23 All Inclusive Villas in the Caribbean
- 24 Cuba tour company
- 25 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem