We are looking at 2 weeks before christmas 2014 for a short carribean vacation, look at 7-9 nights. We travel quite a fair bit, but have never done the Carribean before. We will be bringing out 2 kids who are 8 and 6. They are both very good travelers, kids club not necessary though if they have one, i wont mind leaving them there for a few hours so we can go out for a fancy meal or something.
Anything under $7000 (flights + hotels+ meals??/ai??) would be great! i was looking at mexico, jamaica and DR, but we want to be able to go out of the resort and feel reasonably safe. Those 3 are the amongst the cheapest and lots with Ai but i want something that isnt ginormous. Right now, we have narrowed it down to grenada, grand cayman and spec atlantis in bahamas. But we are so undecided about which one we want. AI are not really mecessary since we are not big drinkers, we might have a drink once a month or even less. But should i opt for Ai bc of facilities? The man is thinking of doing some diving and all of us want to do some snorkeling. If anyone has any other islands i should look at, that'd be awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Help choosing an island
- 2 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 3 Safe, family friendly Island
- 4 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 5 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 6 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 7 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 8 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 9 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 10 Canadian money exchange ??
- 11 Family trip to Jamaica
- 12 Vieques Island
- 13 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 14 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 15 Best island for food and beaches
- 16 Cuba tour companies
- 17 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 18 Resort rent out for wedding
- 19 San Juan Hotel Recommendations
- 20 St. Croix
- 21 Hotel on Turks
- 22 7 day itinerary advice?- Puerto Rico
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Help picking Caribbean honeymoon destination
- 25 December celebration trip