Having a bit of a dilemna on which island to visit. After quite a bit of research i have been able to circle a few of options (BVI, Grenada, St Lucia and Anguilla/St Barths). Anyhow this is somewhat the scope of the trip: It is a honeymoon, post wedding celebration with friends.. most likely a small group of 6, possibly 8. Our first destination will be Jamaica (this is the only certainty thus far). We will be there for a week. And from there we plan to visit one of the other options. We don't like mass tourism and are not into a overly manicured destination (hence cruise ships, casino's, big hotel chains). I.E. would rather choose a villa rather then a resort. We are all in our late 20's or early 30's. Most of us will be coming with our partners. We are into doing fun things and appriciate natures beauty. Renting a scooter or ATV, staying in one house or villa. If not a funky hotel of some sorts. Good vibes, good music, beach bars, bright colors, fun people and being able to discover isolated beaches. Would like to cruise around indenpently and discover. Beach life and adventure life.. oh yeah, and a few of us dive too. From what i have gathered so far.. I can go to either grenada, BVI and st lucia independently... and alternatively visit anguilla and st barths (being the ease of travelleing to and from). Or am i completely missing something here? your thoughts and opinions would be much appriciated. I have penciled in the respective destiation based on our available budget, we are well aware the st barths would cost us alot more then grenada, hence we would not stay as long and perhaps extend our jamaica trip.
Thanks alot in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling Couple need to narrow down island - May/April
- 2 island advice for 7 night end of march
- 3 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 4 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 Family of 5 undecided island
- 7 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 8 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 9 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Tortola next week
- 12 Summer trip
- 13 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 14 DR vs. Mexico
- 15 Surf Fly Fishing
- 16 Christmas 2017
- 17 Honeymoon Help!!
- 18 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 19 All inclusive
- 20 BVI trip questions
- 21 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 22 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 23 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 family resort ideas?