I could use some advice from people who have been to a few or most Caribbean Islands and can help me make an informed decision on which island to go to for our honeymoon. First off, we are getting married on St. John for our wedding and will be there from November 3-10. We LOVE St.John and have been going there every year for the past 5 years. After the wedding some friends and us will be heading to Jost Van Dyke for 5 days. From there my future husband and I will jet off to another island for a week for our official honeymoon. We already have purchased our tickets to St.Thomas/St. John, but have not booked a ticket back yet, do to indecision on which island or islands we should go to. Too many beautiful islands to pick from! Initially we were thinking about St. Lucia but looking over many reviews, this island seems to be at the lower end of most top 10 Caribbean island reviews for some reason...We love to snorkel (probably what we will be doing most days) and like islands that have the same appeal as St.John with its many smaller secluded beaches, and laid back ambiance. Long sweeping beaches can be nice but sometimes can be a bit boring and are not as important as overall scenic beauty. We could possibly island hop for 1/2 of the trip to another island which we were originally thinking, but got deferred by our wedding planner who said we would be trying to pack too much in.
On a side note:
Not exactly what we were looking for but, we did get advice from a family member who lived in St. John who said that Isla Mujers, Mexico is so amazing that she and her husband do not even miss St. John and is the only place they go to now. I know this is not in the Caribbean but if it blows away any other island there, we would consider it instead. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 College Friend Vacation in Caribbean
- 3 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 4 Cottage on the beach
- 5 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 6 Island Hopping
- 7 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 8 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 9 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 10 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 11 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 12 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 13 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 14 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 15 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 16 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 17 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 18 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 21 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 22 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 23 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 24 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 25 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens