I could use some advice from people who have been to a few or most Caribbean Islands and can help me make an informed decision on which island to go to for our honeymoon. First off, we are getting married on St. John for our wedding and will be there from November 3-10. We LOVE St.John and have been going there every year for the past 5 years. After the wedding some friends and us will be heading to Jost Van Dyke for 5 days. From there my future husband and I will jet off to another island for a week for our official honeymoon. We already have purchased our tickets to St.Thomas/St. John, but have not booked a ticket back yet, do to indecision on which island or islands we should go to. Too many beautiful islands to pick from! Initially we were thinking about St. Lucia but looking over many reviews, this island seems to be at the lower end of most top 10 Caribbean island reviews for some reason...We love to snorkel (probably what we will be doing most days) and like islands that have the same appeal as St.John with its many smaller secluded beaches, and laid back ambiance. Long sweeping beaches can be nice but sometimes can be a bit boring and are not as important as overall scenic beauty. We could possibly island hop for 1/2 of the trip to another island which we were originally thinking, but got deferred by our wedding planner who said we would be trying to pack too much in.
On a side note:
Not exactly what we were looking for but, we did get advice from a family member who lived in St. John who said that Isla Mujers, Mexico is so amazing that she and her husband do not even miss St. John and is the only place they go to now. I know this is not in the Caribbean but if it blows away any other island there, we would consider it instead. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 New Years Parties, Caribbean 2017/2018?
- 3 1st time to Barbados
- 4 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 5 Americans warned not to visit Cuba
- 6 Punta Cana for Christmas and New Years
- 7 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 8 St Lucia Trip Ideas
- 9 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 10 GTC
- 11 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 12 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 13 Which Out Island for laid-back, uncrowded and quiet vacation?
- 14 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 15 Cayman Islands travel report
- 16 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 17 Curacao times 2
- 18 Beach w Nightlife in Barbados
- 19 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 20 Hurricane effect on Anguilla
- 21 Bermuda Travel Report
- 22 Cuba Help
- 23 Cuba via cruise
- 24 Aruba villa help desperate!
- 25 BVI: Comparable Islands?