We're figuring out where to go first week of Feb. for only 4 days. Flying out of Phila. and with the limited time, don't want to spend too much time on the transport. We're two adults in our fifties, no kids, up til now have shied away from the AI thing but open to it for this vacation as our main goals are warmth and relaxation. That being said, if there's somewhere non-AI we do love going to local restaurants, shops, etc. We wonder if with an AI, you even know you're somewhere other than Florida (in which case we might as well take the shorter trip there)?
A number of yrs. ago with a similar time constraint we flew to San Juan Puerto Rico and had a lovely vacation. Doing that again is an option but if we're going to spend that kind of money on airfare, we're thinking it would be nice to go somewhere we've never been, and friends/family keep recommending the Caribbean.
Any thoughts? Including, if we should just save this for when we have a full week?
We're thinking roughly in the 2K range for the trip, tho' less would be great, and more is possible if necessary.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 4 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 7 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 8 40 min layover in CLT
- 9 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 10 Atlantis 1 day
- 11 Atlantis on a budget
- 12 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 13 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 14 St. Barts
- 15 Buses in Aruba
- 16 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 17 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 18 Stingray City Tour
- 19 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 20 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 23 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 24 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017
- 25 Using USA credit cards in Cuba