We're figuring out where to go first week of Feb. for only 4 days. Flying out of Phila. and with the limited time, don't want to spend too much time on the transport. We're two adults in our fifties, no kids, up til now have shied away from the AI thing but open to it for this vacation as our main goals are warmth and relaxation. That being said, if there's somewhere non-AI we do love going to local restaurants, shops, etc. We wonder if with an AI, you even know you're somewhere other than Florida (in which case we might as well take the shorter trip there)?
A number of yrs. ago with a similar time constraint we flew to San Juan Puerto Rico and had a lovely vacation. Doing that again is an option but if we're going to spend that kind of money on airfare, we're thinking it would be nice to go somewhere we've never been, and friends/family keep recommending the Caribbean.
Any thoughts? Including, if we should just save this for when we have a full week?
We're thinking roughly in the 2K range for the trip, tho' less would be great, and more is possible if necessary.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Purchase Real Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas,
- 2 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 3 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 4 Ideal wedding island
- 5 Help with small wedding location
- 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 8 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 9 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 10 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 11 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 12 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 13 St. Croix
- 14 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 15 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion