My husband and I have been all over the globe searching for the place to go before our first baby is due July 20. After lots of thought- we felt it was best to stay close to home (NYC) in case of any problems. Our estimated dates are late March early April. We are in our late 30's and typically would be partying on the beach listening to house music. We LOVE TULUM and it's bohemian-chic vibe- but time to visit somewhere other than Mexico.
This time around- we have 14 nights and want to mix things up a bit. I can't seem to get a good idea about the various areas of the island and why I would pick one over the other- an insight would be great! Due to my situation- we won't be zip-lining, horse back riding, or diving. Snorkeling is great, visiting the volcano- awesome, cooking classes- perfect. We do not like giant resorts and I despise all inclusives. We prefer a more boutique hotel experience- somewhere that the staff knows you- you can meet other guests and it's a more personal experience.
If you have some suggestions for us we'd really like to know
1. What are the top 3 areas to stay at (giving us a nice mix of St. Lucia)
2. Accommodation suggestion- trying to stay around $200 or less per night
3. Any awesome experiences that you would suggest doing.
4. Favorite restaurants- I teach cooking classes, so I know good food and I really like to try the authentic cuisine- even if it's eaten off the back of a ladies truck.
5. Fun nightlife- I won't be drinking, but my hubby will make up the difference!
We realize that all these things might not be found in one location and that's totally cool- it's why we want to visit a couple spots.
Thanks so much!
We can't wait to get out of this cold!
Shani & Joel
Where to stay in St. Lucia while pregnant? NO All-inclusives
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 walkable hotels
- 2 Turks Caicos grace bay vs Long Bay or chalk sound?
- 3 Island Hopping Honeymoon!!
- 4 Jamaica to Other Island
- 5 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 6 Viceroy Sugar Beach or Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- 7 Vespa Rental - Turks
- 8 Help on picking a adult only all inclusive resort
- 9 swim up rooms
- 10 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 11 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 12 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 13 Anyone else been to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas?
- 14 St. John USVI
- 15 Which Island?
- 16 Carribean vacation with infant
- 17 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 18 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 19 Cayman Islands in October
- 20 things to do in Nassau
- 21 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 22 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 23 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 24 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 25 Best island for early to mid November