My husband and I have been all over the globe searching for the place to go before our first baby is due July 20. After lots of thought- we felt it was best to stay close to home (NYC) in case of any problems. Our estimated dates are late March early April. We are in our late 30's and typically would be partying on the beach listening to house music. We LOVE TULUM and it's bohemian-chic vibe- but time to visit somewhere other than Mexico.
This time around- we have 14 nights and want to mix things up a bit. I can't seem to get a good idea about the various areas of the island and why I would pick one over the other- an insight would be great! Due to my situation- we won't be zip-lining, horse back riding, or diving. Snorkeling is great, visiting the volcano- awesome, cooking classes- perfect. We do not like giant resorts and I despise all inclusives. We prefer a more boutique hotel experience- somewhere that the staff knows you- you can meet other guests and it's a more personal experience.
If you have some suggestions for us we'd really like to know
1. What are the top 3 areas to stay at (giving us a nice mix of St. Lucia)
2. Accommodation suggestion- trying to stay around $200 or less per night
3. Any awesome experiences that you would suggest doing.
4. Favorite restaurants- I teach cooking classes, so I know good food and I really like to try the authentic cuisine- even if it's eaten off the back of a ladies truck.
5. Fun nightlife- I won't be drinking, but my hubby will make up the difference!
We realize that all these things might not be found in one location and that's totally cool- it's why we want to visit a couple spots.
Thanks so much!
We can't wait to get out of this cold!
Shani & Joel
Where to stay in St. Lucia while pregnant? NO All-inclusives
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 2 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 3 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 4 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 5 Money in Jamaica
- 6 Death in Paradise
- 7 Florida or caribbean
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 50+ where to dance?
- 10 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 11 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 12 dominican republic
- 13 Summer family vacation
- 14 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 15 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 16 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 17 St Martin
- 18 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 19 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 20 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 21 Resort villa suggestions
- 22 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 23 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 24 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 25 Waterskiing in TCI???