My husband and I have been all over the globe searching for the place to go before our first baby is due July 20. After lots of thought- we felt it was best to stay close to home (NYC) in case of any problems. Our estimated dates are late March early April. We are in our late 30's and typically would be partying on the beach listening to house music. We LOVE TULUM and it's bohemian-chic vibe- but time to visit somewhere other than Mexico.
This time around- we have 14 nights and want to mix things up a bit. I can't seem to get a good idea about the various areas of the island and why I would pick one over the other- an insight would be great! Due to my situation- we won't be zip-lining, horse back riding, or diving. Snorkeling is great, visiting the volcano- awesome, cooking classes- perfect. We do not like giant resorts and I despise all inclusives. We prefer a more boutique hotel experience- somewhere that the staff knows you- you can meet other guests and it's a more personal experience.
If you have some suggestions for us we'd really like to know
1. What are the top 3 areas to stay at (giving us a nice mix of St. Lucia)
2. Accommodation suggestion- trying to stay around $200 or less per night
3. Any awesome experiences that you would suggest doing.
4. Favorite restaurants- I teach cooking classes, so I know good food and I really like to try the authentic cuisine- even if it's eaten off the back of a ladies truck.
5. Fun nightlife- I won't be drinking, but my hubby will make up the difference!
We realize that all these things might not be found in one location and that's totally cool- it's why we want to visit a couple spots.
Thanks so much!
We can't wait to get out of this cold!
Shani & Joel
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cubarinking water?
- 2 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 3 First time to PR
- 4 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 5 Catamaran in BVI Bareboat 12 nights
- 6 No rain in June PLEASE
- 7 Family vacation for divers
- 8 Cuba
- 9 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 10 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 11 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 12 Island recommendation
- 13 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 14 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 15 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 16 Can I take alcohol?
- 17 Scrub Island Resort
- 18 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 19 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 20 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 21 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 22 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 23 Island advice plz!
- 24 St. John Trip Report
- 25 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
Where to stay in St. Lucia while pregnant? NO All-inclusives