My husband and I have been all over the globe searching for the place to go before our first baby is due July 20. After lots of thought- we felt it was best to stay close to home (NYC) in case of any problems. Our estimated dates are late March early April. We are in our late 30's and typically would be partying on the beach listening to house music. We LOVE TULUM and it's bohemian-chic vibe- but time to visit somewhere other than Mexico.
This time around- we have 14 nights and want to mix things up a bit. I can't seem to get a good idea about the various areas of the island and why I would pick one over the other- an insight would be great! Due to my situation- we won't be zip-lining, horse back riding, or diving. Snorkeling is great, visiting the volcano- awesome, cooking classes- perfect. We do not like giant resorts and I despise all inclusives. We prefer a more boutique hotel experience- somewhere that the staff knows you- you can meet other guests and it's a more personal experience.
If you have some suggestions for us we'd really like to know
1. What are the top 3 areas to stay at (giving us a nice mix of St. Lucia)
2. Accommodation suggestion- trying to stay around $200 or less per night
3. Any awesome experiences that you would suggest doing.
4. Favorite restaurants- I teach cooking classes, so I know good food and I really like to try the authentic cuisine- even if it's eaten off the back of a ladies truck.
5. Fun nightlife- I won't be drinking, but my hubby will make up the difference!
We realize that all these things might not be found in one location and that's totally cool- it's why we want to visit a couple spots.
Thanks so much!
We can't wait to get out of this cold!
Shani & Joel
Where to stay in St. Lucia while pregnant? NO All-inclusives
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Antigua or St Martin
- 2 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 3 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 4 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 5 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 6 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 7 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 8 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 9 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 10 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 11 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 12 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 13 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 14 Get info about weather.
- 15 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 18 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 19 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 20 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 21 June Honeymoon Help, Please
- 22 LIAT Air
- 23 What's going on in Bimini ?
- 24 Beach front Caribbean Villa for New Year's
- 25 Need help again!!