My husband and I have been all over the globe searching for the place to go before our first baby is due July 20. After lots of thought- we felt it was best to stay close to home (NYC) in case of any problems. Our estimated dates are late March early April. We are in our late 30's and typically would be partying on the beach listening to house music. We LOVE TULUM and it's bohemian-chic vibe- but time to visit somewhere other than Mexico.
This time around- we have 14 nights and want to mix things up a bit. I can't seem to get a good idea about the various areas of the island and why I would pick one over the other- an insight would be great! Due to my situation- we won't be zip-lining, horse back riding, or diving. Snorkeling is great, visiting the volcano- awesome, cooking classes- perfect. We do not like giant resorts and I despise all inclusives. We prefer a more boutique hotel experience- somewhere that the staff knows you- you can meet other guests and it's a more personal experience.
If you have some suggestions for us we'd really like to know
1. What are the top 3 areas to stay at (giving us a nice mix of St. Lucia)
2. Accommodation suggestion- trying to stay around $200 or less per night
3. Any awesome experiences that you would suggest doing.
4. Favorite restaurants- I teach cooking classes, so I know good food and I really like to try the authentic cuisine- even if it's eaten off the back of a ladies truck.
5. Fun nightlife- I won't be drinking, but my hubby will make up the difference!
We realize that all these things might not be found in one location and that's totally cool- it's why we want to visit a couple spots.
Thanks so much!
We can't wait to get out of this cold!
Shani & Joel
Where to stay in St. Lucia while pregnant? NO All-inclusives
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP