I am new to forums and am looking for some opinions/help on selecting a location to vacation. My husband and I are looking to go away in May or June of 2014 and we are looking for an island that offers the following things: a resort located on a beach with clear water, within walking distance of town/grocery stores/markets/nearby attractions, and somewhat of a night life. We are looking for something that is not too crazy expensive, but we are willing to spend some money. All inclusive is a plus, but we wouldn't be against staying somewhere that has kitchens in the rooms so we could cook. We are looking for an island where we could go out and explore it's history and architect, and would love to go on land or water adventures. I know I am asking for a lot, but any insight and help would be amazing!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 3 Cuba in November
- 4 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 5 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 6 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 7 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 8 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 9 Tennis in Aruba question
- 10 christmas in the caribbean
- 11 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 12 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 13 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 14 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 15 Jamaica
- 16 Money in Jamaica
- 17 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 18 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 19 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 20 Atlantis in Nassau
- 21 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 22 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe
- 23 My week in Guadeloupe
- 24 Guadeloupe in January
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive?