I am new to forums and am looking for some opinions/help on selecting a location to vacation. My husband and I are looking to go away in May or June of 2014 and we are looking for an island that offers the following things: a resort located on a beach with clear water, within walking distance of town/grocery stores/markets/nearby attractions, and somewhat of a night life. We are looking for something that is not too crazy expensive, but we are willing to spend some money. All inclusive is a plus, but we wouldn't be against staying somewhere that has kitchens in the rooms so we could cook. We are looking for an island where we could go out and explore it's history and architect, and would love to go on land or water adventures. I know I am asking for a lot, but any insight and help would be amazing!!
Where to go in the caribbean??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 2 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 3 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 4 Snorkeling
- 5 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 6 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 7 fish fry on Curacao
- 8 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 9 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 10 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 11 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 12 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 13 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 14 Restaurants in Aruba
- 15 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 16 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 17 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 18 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 19 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 20 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 21 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 22 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 23 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 24 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 25 St Martin/St Maarten BEWARE of car rental agencies even NATIONAL/ALAMO