So….. during the second week of August, for whatever reason… my family wants me to organize a trip for them and myself.
That might sound like fun…. But it's NOT!!! I have a lot of personalities to deal with.
Time Frame: 7-10 days during the second week of august
Me- Will be 32 year old female, loves water sports, water adventures (ex: snorkeling, and others), SCUBA DIVING!!, relaxing, hiking, adventure, thrills
Brother – 26 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, thrills
Mother – 59 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, POSSIBLE thrills, SWIMMING + BEACH!!
Here come the tough ones
Father – 63… relaxing… maybe sitting on a nice beach. On a good day, swimming maybe? Loves sea food. Hard to please and loves to argue
Brother – 29.. not sure.. maybe water sports? Possible swimming… I know he likes to LOOK at a nice beach…. Also non-stop complaining. Hard to please
Sister in Law married to above brother – 34…. See above - match made in heaven
I should mention… the last two people are also a bit paranoid (not to be mean)…. So typically they like seclusion. During their wedding, we went to Sandals Whitehouse... which not only was super expensive, had a horrible beach with rocks, and was 2.5 hours away from anything!!!!
Anyways, my initial thought was… ALASKA! Cruise + Land Trip (diving in Ketchiken ^___^) But that turns out... it's a bit expensive. At least the land trip portion is... Then the Bahamas... but someone told me the weather in August is just terrible + possible storms/hurricanes.
Then I got the suggestion of St. Lucia - I really liked this idea - we could stay south in St. Lucia in a condo and eat out/make our own food - that's where the best snorkeling/scuba is at on the island. But... the reclusive three people are making a strong case for an All-Inclusive Resort... those resorts are primarily located in the north portion of St. Lucia and I hear snorkeling/diving there is just bad... So now I'm in a pickle!
Any suggestions on what location/island to look into? Any AI suggestions? I'm running short on time and am starting to panic!!!
What is the weather like in August? I know it's hurricane season - but given it's southern location it should be okay???
Any suggestions/help/advice is appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토 총판 수입 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Caribbeanvilla.com - DO NOT book through this site
- 3 PR or USVI
- 4 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 5 Which Caribbean island?
- 6 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 7 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 12 5 days in Havana
- 13 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 14 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 15 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 16 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 17 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 18 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 19 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 20 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 21 Scrub Island Resort
- 22 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 23 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 24 Wedding Destinations???
- 25 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton