So….. during the second week of August, for whatever reason… my family wants me to organize a trip for them and myself.
That might sound like fun…. But it's NOT!!! I have a lot of personalities to deal with.
Time Frame: 7-10 days during the second week of august
Me- Will be 32 year old female, loves water sports, water adventures (ex: snorkeling, and others), SCUBA DIVING!!, relaxing, hiking, adventure, thrills
Brother – 26 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, thrills
Mother – 59 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, POSSIBLE thrills, SWIMMING + BEACH!!
Here come the tough ones
Father – 63… relaxing… maybe sitting on a nice beach. On a good day, swimming maybe? Loves sea food. Hard to please and loves to argue
Brother – 29.. not sure.. maybe water sports? Possible swimming… I know he likes to LOOK at a nice beach…. Also non-stop complaining. Hard to please
Sister in Law married to above brother – 34…. See above - match made in heaven
I should mention… the last two people are also a bit paranoid (not to be mean)…. So typically they like seclusion. During their wedding, we went to Sandals Whitehouse... which not only was super expensive, had a horrible beach with rocks, and was 2.5 hours away from anything!!!!
Anyways, my initial thought was… ALASKA! Cruise + Land Trip (diving in Ketchiken ^___^) But that turns out... it's a bit expensive. At least the land trip portion is... Then the Bahamas... but someone told me the weather in August is just terrible + possible storms/hurricanes.
Then I got the suggestion of St. Lucia - I really liked this idea - we could stay south in St. Lucia in a condo and eat out/make our own food - that's where the best snorkeling/scuba is at on the island. But... the reclusive three people are making a strong case for an All-Inclusive Resort... those resorts are primarily located in the north portion of St. Lucia and I hear snorkeling/diving there is just bad... So now I'm in a pickle!
Any suggestions on what location/island to look into? Any AI suggestions? I'm running short on time and am starting to panic!!!
What is the weather like in August? I know it's hurricane season - but given it's southern location it should be okay???
Any suggestions/help/advice is appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba via cruise
- 2 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 3 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 4 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 5 Cuba Help
- 6 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 7 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 8 Living in the Caribbean
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 11 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 12 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 13 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 14 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 15 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 18 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 19 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 20 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 21 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 22 St. Croix
- 23 St Kitts & Irma
- 24 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 25 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?