So….. during the second week of August, for whatever reason… my family wants me to organize a trip for them and myself.
That might sound like fun…. But it's NOT!!! I have a lot of personalities to deal with.
Time Frame: 7-10 days during the second week of august
Me- Will be 32 year old female, loves water sports, water adventures (ex: snorkeling, and others), SCUBA DIVING!!, relaxing, hiking, adventure, thrills
Brother – 26 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, thrills
Mother – 59 - loves water sports, relaxing, water adventures, adventure, POSSIBLE thrills, SWIMMING + BEACH!!
Here come the tough ones
Father – 63… relaxing… maybe sitting on a nice beach. On a good day, swimming maybe? Loves sea food. Hard to please and loves to argue
Brother – 29.. not sure.. maybe water sports? Possible swimming… I know he likes to LOOK at a nice beach…. Also non-stop complaining. Hard to please
Sister in Law married to above brother – 34…. See above - match made in heaven
I should mention… the last two people are also a bit paranoid (not to be mean)…. So typically they like seclusion. During their wedding, we went to Sandals Whitehouse... which not only was super expensive, had a horrible beach with rocks, and was 2.5 hours away from anything!!!!
Anyways, my initial thought was… ALASKA! Cruise + Land Trip (diving in Ketchiken ^___^) But that turns out... it's a bit expensive. At least the land trip portion is... Then the Bahamas... but someone told me the weather in August is just terrible + possible storms/hurricanes.
Then I got the suggestion of St. Lucia - I really liked this idea - we could stay south in St. Lucia in a condo and eat out/make our own food - that's where the best snorkeling/scuba is at on the island. But... the reclusive three people are making a strong case for an All-Inclusive Resort... those resorts are primarily located in the north portion of St. Lucia and I hear snorkeling/diving there is just bad... So now I'm in a pickle!
Any suggestions on what location/island to look into? Any AI suggestions? I'm running short on time and am starting to panic!!!
What is the weather like in August? I know it's hurricane season - but given it's southern location it should be okay???
Any suggestions/help/advice is appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 4 Bermuda
- 5 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 6 Restaurant Suggestions
- 7 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 8 Honeymoon Help!!
- 9 Aruba weather
- 10 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 11 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 12 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 13 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 14 Taxi info. Self touring
- 15 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 16 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 17 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 18 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 19 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 20 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 21 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 22 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 23 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 24 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
- 25 Great snorkeling, on the beach hotel