We'd like to take a vacation to the Caribbean over Christmas time and looking for suggestions on both what island to go to and what hotel. Our budget for hotel is about $2500 total for a family of four.
This is our wish list:
-- Direct flights from Washington, DC area (BWI, National, or Dulles)
--Beautiful typical Caribbean beach (i.e., crystal clear turquoise water, white sand)
-- no rough, rocky beaches, easy to swim for kids
-- No big resorts, no all inclusives
-- we'd like to rent a 2-bedroom villa on the beach with a restaurant on site
-- clean rooms!
-- we want local culture
-- appropriate for kids (so not a lot of partying)
-- we'd like a family-style place where you get to know the staff and other guests. However we don't want to be right on top of the other guests. Some privacy if needed.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Month travel ideas
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 Cuba weather in March
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 6 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Move to grand cayman
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 11 Malaria Punta Cana
- 12 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 13 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 14 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 15 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 16 New Destination
- 17 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 18 Bahamas help
- 19 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 20 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 21 Vacation suggestion, please
- 22 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 23 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 24 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 25 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba