I want to swim with wild dolphins, and I have my husband convinced that we need to go down South for our anniversary. I thought it would be neat to fly into Fort Lauderdale (we can get direct from Halifax) then take the ferry to Bimini stay there a day or 2 then maybe go to one of the other islands for a couple of days then head back to home via Flordia. When I get looking into places to stay in Bimini, it seems like its a mess. You hear good/bad /ugly.....I'm understanding that its under development due to a casino/ new resort am I right ? Is this still a place you can walk around, feel safe. Were looking for a vacation where we want to be able to go out when we want to, walk, swim, relax. Middle of the road vacation- not luxury but not totally roughing it, a nice clean, somewhat quiet (we don't drink or party) place to stay. Am I going to the wrong place ? Is there any place there that will fit the bill ? Thanks !
What's going on in Bimini ?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks & Caicos
- 2 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 3 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 4 Restaurants in St. Barth's?
- 5 Travel to the Caribbean the week before Christmas
- 6 Long Island Bahanas
- 7 All Inclusive in Caribbean or Mexico?
- 8 Honeymoon Help- Caribbean Destination with Walk-in Snorkeling & Nightlife
- 9 Need Caribbean island/hotel suggestions for February trip with 2 year old
- 10 St. Bart's-- how can I get La Pinta vanilla rum?
- 11 Which carribbean island to chose.. dilema's...
- 12 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 13 Punta Cana excursions
- 14 Girlfriends All Inclusive Resort Punta Cana or Mexico
- 15 Which Sandals Jamaica is the best
- 16 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 17 Stop Jet Ski's in Anguilla
- 18 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 19 Aruba suggestions
- 20 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 21 Nassau
- 22 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 23 LIAT Air
- 24 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 25 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure