I want to swim with wild dolphins, and I have my husband convinced that we need to go down South for our anniversary. I thought it would be neat to fly into Fort Lauderdale (we can get direct from Halifax) then take the ferry to Bimini stay there a day or 2 then maybe go to one of the other islands for a couple of days then head back to home via Flordia. When I get looking into places to stay in Bimini, it seems like its a mess. You hear good/bad /ugly.....I'm understanding that its under development due to a casino/ new resort am I right ? Is this still a place you can walk around, feel safe. Were looking for a vacation where we want to be able to go out when we want to, walk, swim, relax. Middle of the road vacation- not luxury but not totally roughing it, a nice clean, somewhat quiet (we don't drink or party) place to stay. Am I going to the wrong place ? Is there any place there that will fit the bill ? Thanks !
What's going on in Bimini ?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Caribbean with grown kids
- 3 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 4 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 5 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 6 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 7 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 8 Driving in Aurba
- 9 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 10 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 11 Barbados question where to stay
- 12 Barbados Ferry Service
- 13 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 14 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 15 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 16 Restaurant in Aruba
- 17 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 18 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 19 Providenciales Airport
- 20 2 weeks in Cuba
- 21 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 22 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 23 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 24 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 25 Quick getaway help!