I want to swim with wild dolphins, and I have my husband convinced that we need to go down South for our anniversary. I thought it would be neat to fly into Fort Lauderdale (we can get direct from Halifax) then take the ferry to Bimini stay there a day or 2 then maybe go to one of the other islands for a couple of days then head back to home via Flordia. When I get looking into places to stay in Bimini, it seems like its a mess. You hear good/bad /ugly.....I'm understanding that its under development due to a casino/ new resort am I right ? Is this still a place you can walk around, feel safe. Were looking for a vacation where we want to be able to go out when we want to, walk, swim, relax. Middle of the road vacation- not luxury but not totally roughing it, a nice clean, somewhat quiet (we don't drink or party) place to stay. Am I going to the wrong place ? Is there any place there that will fit the bill ? Thanks !
What's going on in Bimini ?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Beaches
- 2 Mid October Honeymoon
- 3 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 4 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 5 Cuba help!
- 6 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 7 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 8 Rent a car?
- 9 LIAT Air
- 10 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda
- 11 Caribbean Islands Cruise
- 12 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding
- 13 Any good cruises from Port Canaveral
- 14 Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights
- 15 St. Lucia Trip Report – A Snapshot
- 16 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 17 50+ where to dance?
- 18 Honeymoon in August- St Lucia ruled out help us pick a destination!
- 19 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 20 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 21 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 22 Thinking about moving to US Virgin Islands
- 23 Chinungunya Mosquitos
- 24 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 25 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios