I want to swim with wild dolphins, and I have my husband convinced that we need to go down South for our anniversary. I thought it would be neat to fly into Fort Lauderdale (we can get direct from Halifax) then take the ferry to Bimini stay there a day or 2 then maybe go to one of the other islands for a couple of days then head back to home via Flordia. When I get looking into places to stay in Bimini, it seems like its a mess. You hear good/bad /ugly.....I'm understanding that its under development due to a casino/ new resort am I right ? Is this still a place you can walk around, feel safe. Were looking for a vacation where we want to be able to go out when we want to, walk, swim, relax. Middle of the road vacation- not luxury but not totally roughing it, a nice clean, somewhat quiet (we don't drink or party) place to stay. Am I going to the wrong place ? Is there any place there that will fit the bill ? Thanks !
What's going on in Bimini ?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 LIAT Air
- 2 DIY Wedding for Two – Can I pull this off without a Wedding Planner?
- 3 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 4 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 5 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 6 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 7 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 8 Aruba suggestions
- 9 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 10 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 11 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 12 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 13 Cuba in 10 days
- 14 Salt Kettle House to close
- 15 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 16 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 17 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 18 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 19 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 20 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 21 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 22 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 23 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 24 Why Barbados?
- 25 Cayman Islands in October