I want to swim with wild dolphins, and I have my husband convinced that we need to go down South for our anniversary. I thought it would be neat to fly into Fort Lauderdale (we can get direct from Halifax) then take the ferry to Bimini stay there a day or 2 then maybe go to one of the other islands for a couple of days then head back to home via Flordia. When I get looking into places to stay in Bimini, it seems like its a mess. You hear good/bad /ugly.....I'm understanding that its under development due to a casino/ new resort am I right ? Is this still a place you can walk around, feel safe. Were looking for a vacation where we want to be able to go out when we want to, walk, swim, relax. Middle of the road vacation- not luxury but not totally roughing it, a nice clean, somewhat quiet (we don't drink or party) place to stay. Am I going to the wrong place ? Is there any place there that will fit the bill ? Thanks !
What's going on in Bimini ?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 2 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 3 Summer family vacation
- 4 St Martin
- 5 Florida or caribbean
- 6 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 7 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 8 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 9 Resort villa suggestions
- 10 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 11 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 12 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 13 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 14 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 15 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 16 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 17 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 20 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 21 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 22 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 23 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 24 rent a car??
- 25 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa