I live in Haiti for 14 years. Now, I currently live in the United States. Haiti is a wonderful place to go on vacation, as opposed to what the majority thinks. It's a psychological, mental wash up that prevents many willingful, honest, haiti thirsty people from visiting and vacationing there. Its the bias and prejudices of others that prevent Haiti from advancing. A french dominated island, not english, and over 90% African decent, Did You Really Expect to hear any positive publicity for Haiti.
Yes, Some places dont have 24hr electricity, and some provinces do, for example, Jacmel, haiti have 24 hr electicity services. And, yes, there are ghettos...What we called the Roman Empire today have ghettos, why dont we hear about it when it comes to touristic. Violence in haiti went down 14% since 1997 according to President Aristide.
Every single person in Haiti is a hard working person, and they all have jobs, working wether as a merchant or using some trading skills they learned. So for those who want to compare Haiti with Somalia, and Bangladesh, tehy might want to open their eyes and re-research their history.
Haiti is rated as the poorest country in the western hemisphere, why? We barely get any financial aids from the international community. From time to time when we receive aids, we get it by the millions while others get it by the millions. It's the poorest country yet, terrorist operations are being organised and are being funded in Haiti to overthrow not The Lavalas gorvernment but all of haiti's gorvernment (unless of course it's what they [The Funders] want.)
Haiti is not somewhere where someone in their right mind would go on vacation, but it is where someone with a strong and clear head would go for a wonderful time.
Kenol David, Chairman
What they want us to think...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 2 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 3 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 4 Salt Kettle House to close
- 5 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 6 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 7 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 8 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 9 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 10 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 11 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 12 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 13 Why Barbados?
- 14 Cayman Islands in October
- 15 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 18 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 19 all-inclusive or villa?
- 20 Anyone want to critique my Puerto Rico itinerary?
- 21 San Juan Hotel
- 22 Help me narrow it down, please!
- 23 Introductory Island for a West Coast Girl?
- 24 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 25 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?