I live in Haiti for 14 years. Now, I currently live in the United States. Haiti is a wonderful place to go on vacation, as opposed to what the majority thinks. It's a psychological, mental wash up that prevents many willingful, honest, haiti thirsty people from visiting and vacationing there. Its the bias and prejudices of others that prevent Haiti from advancing. A french dominated island, not english, and over 90% African decent, Did You Really Expect to hear any positive publicity for Haiti.
Yes, Some places dont have 24hr electricity, and some provinces do, for example, Jacmel, haiti have 24 hr electicity services. And, yes, there are ghettos...What we called the Roman Empire today have ghettos, why dont we hear about it when it comes to touristic. Violence in haiti went down 14% since 1997 according to President Aristide.
Every single person in Haiti is a hard working person, and they all have jobs, working wether as a merchant or using some trading skills they learned. So for those who want to compare Haiti with Somalia, and Bangladesh, tehy might want to open their eyes and re-research their history.
Haiti is rated as the poorest country in the western hemisphere, why? We barely get any financial aids from the international community. From time to time when we receive aids, we get it by the millions while others get it by the millions. It's the poorest country yet, terrorist operations are being organised and are being funded in Haiti to overthrow not The Lavalas gorvernment but all of haiti's gorvernment (unless of course it's what they [The Funders] want.)
Haiti is not somewhere where someone in their right mind would go on vacation, but it is where someone with a strong and clear head would go for a wonderful time.
Kenol David, Chairman
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 2 Cottage on the beach
- 3 Being able to work in Trinidad and Tobago
- 4 Island Hopping
- 5 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 6 Planning a trip to Jamaica for my daughter's graduation
- 7 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 8 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 9 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 10 mid December 2016 trip for 2
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 13 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 14 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 15 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 16 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 17 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 18 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 19 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 20 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 21 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 22 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 23 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 24 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 25 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation