I live in Haiti for 14 years. Now, I currently live in the United States. Haiti is a wonderful place to go on vacation, as opposed to what the majority thinks. It's a psychological, mental wash up that prevents many willingful, honest, haiti thirsty people from visiting and vacationing there. Its the bias and prejudices of others that prevent Haiti from advancing. A french dominated island, not english, and over 90% African decent, Did You Really Expect to hear any positive publicity for Haiti.
Yes, Some places dont have 24hr electricity, and some provinces do, for example, Jacmel, haiti have 24 hr electicity services. And, yes, there are ghettos...What we called the Roman Empire today have ghettos, why dont we hear about it when it comes to touristic. Violence in haiti went down 14% since 1997 according to President Aristide.
Every single person in Haiti is a hard working person, and they all have jobs, working wether as a merchant or using some trading skills they learned. So for those who want to compare Haiti with Somalia, and Bangladesh, tehy might want to open their eyes and re-research their history.
Haiti is rated as the poorest country in the western hemisphere, why? We barely get any financial aids from the international community. From time to time when we receive aids, we get it by the millions while others get it by the millions. It's the poorest country yet, terrorist operations are being organised and are being funded in Haiti to overthrow not The Lavalas gorvernment but all of haiti's gorvernment (unless of course it's what they [The Funders] want.)
Haiti is not somewhere where someone in their right mind would go on vacation, but it is where someone with a strong and clear head would go for a wonderful time.
Kenol David, Chairman
What they want us to think...
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan