Hi everyone. Posting for the first time in this forum after being a regular the past two years in the Turkey and Japan forums. I will be Puerto Rico for 6 nights/5 days later this fall. I will be staying in Old San Juan and am not planning to rent a car. So all touring I do outside of walking distance will need to be done by public transport or by taxi. I understand that the 3 main beaches in San Juan are Condado, Isla Verde and Ocean Park. In researching, each seems to have their individual pros and cons. I would prefer a beach that offers a good amount of sun, is clean and is easy to get to from Old San Juan and is not typically too windy. Moderate crowds are ok but I want to avoid wall to wall crowds that afford you a piece of sand the size of a postage stamp. What would you recommend under these conditions? Thanks much.
What is your Favorite San Juan-area Beach?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 5 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 6 Cuba Opening Up
- 7 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin