My daughter and I will be taking a cruise next January out of Houston to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. Below are the excursions we have selected from various reviews. We want to do just one tour of ruins, so I've listed what looks best at each place. We don't want to go to tourist traps, but would rather see the best, natural part of each place.
Comments? Suggestions? Changes?
Cozumel - 8am-6pm
Tulum ruins tour
Chankanaab National Park
Tour of the east side of Cozumel which includes ruins, wildlife, hidden caves...
Punta Sur Park
Roatan - 9am-6pm
Iguana Farm & wildlife
Little French Key – private island
Belize - 7am-5pm
Lamanai, Altun-Ha or Xunantunich ruins (Lamanai seem to be most recommended)
Cayo district in/around San Ignacio
Tour companies that seem most highly recommended in each place are (we are not locked into doing excursions from the ship):
Action Boys Belize
Western Caribbean cruise excursions - comments?
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 3 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 4 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Islands with great nightlife
- 8 month stay on a caribbean island
- 9 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 10 Where to stay on Vieques
- 11 Ferry to Rum Point
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados