My daughter and I will be taking a cruise next January out of Houston to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. Below are the excursions we have selected from various reviews. We want to do just one tour of ruins, so I've listed what looks best at each place. We don't want to go to tourist traps, but would rather see the best, natural part of each place.
Comments? Suggestions? Changes?
Cozumel - 8am-6pm
Tulum ruins tour
Chankanaab National Park
Tour of the east side of Cozumel which includes ruins, wildlife, hidden caves...
Punta Sur Park
Roatan - 9am-6pm
Iguana Farm & wildlife
Little French Key – private island
Belize - 7am-5pm
Lamanai, Altun-Ha or Xunantunich ruins (Lamanai seem to be most recommended)
Cayo district in/around San Ignacio
Tour companies that seem most highly recommended in each place are (we are not locked into doing excursions from the ship):
Action Boys Belize
Western Caribbean cruise excursions - comments?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 3 Tipping at AI
- 4 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?