My husband and I would like to take a beach vacation before our son starts walking and generally becoming a moving tornado. We're looking at February when he'll be 8 months. I'd like to find somewhere beachfront, preferably with a kitchenette or at least a fridge for his food/milk, and a suite setup, so we don't have to sit in the dark when he goes to bed at night. A year ago, our room at the Cuisinart in Anguilla had a walkout patio to the beach - a similar setup would be ideal, so we can relax in the sun with the monitor and feel like we're at the beach while he's inside napping. Open to a condo, but looking for a resort type feel with easy access to food so we don't have to drive - he goes to bed early so likely we'd do room service or takeout for dinner. I've seen a few places that seem baby friendly so far as offering cribs; babysitting isn't a necessity, though if it would be nice to grab dinner one night. No budget, really, but in the past I prefer higher end/luxury resorts. So far have looked at the Atlantis in the Bahamas but not sure it would be warm enough in February and it seems really expensive and not particularly relaxing and Beaches Turks & Caicos, which I'm leaning toward, despite connecting flights, though avialability isn't great. Any other suggestions? Pre-baby we prefer smaller resorts (Coppolla resorts in Belize & Guatemala; Cuisinart in Anguilla; El Dorado Maroma in Mexico), but now are open to whatever would be most worry free.
Walkout beach front one bdrm in resort area for Feb?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 2 shore excursions
- 3 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 4 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 5 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 6 just be careful
- 7 Restaurants in Aruba
- 8 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 9 Snorkeling
- 10 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 11 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 12 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 13 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP