My husband and I would like to take a beach vacation before our son starts walking and generally becoming a moving tornado. We're looking at February when he'll be 8 months. I'd like to find somewhere beachfront, preferably with a kitchenette or at least a fridge for his food/milk, and a suite setup, so we don't have to sit in the dark when he goes to bed at night. A year ago, our room at the Cuisinart in Anguilla had a walkout patio to the beach - a similar setup would be ideal, so we can relax in the sun with the monitor and feel like we're at the beach while he's inside napping. Open to a condo, but looking for a resort type feel with easy access to food so we don't have to drive - he goes to bed early so likely we'd do room service or takeout for dinner. I've seen a few places that seem baby friendly so far as offering cribs; babysitting isn't a necessity, though if it would be nice to grab dinner one night. No budget, really, but in the past I prefer higher end/luxury resorts. So far have looked at the Atlantis in the Bahamas but not sure it would be warm enough in February and it seems really expensive and not particularly relaxing and Beaches Turks & Caicos, which I'm leaning toward, despite connecting flights, though avialability isn't great. Any other suggestions? Pre-baby we prefer smaller resorts (Coppolla resorts in Belize & Guatemala; Cuisinart in Anguilla; El Dorado Maroma in Mexico), but now are open to whatever would be most worry free.
Walkout beach front one bdrm in resort area for Feb?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AI resorts in Jamaica
- 2 Money in Jamaica
- 3 Florida or caribbean
- 4 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 5 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 6 Barbado Car rental
- 7 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 8 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 9 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 10 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 11 Death in Paradise
- 12 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 13 50+ where to dance?
- 14 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 15 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 16 dominican republic
- 17 Summer family vacation
- 18 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 19 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 20 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 21 St Martin
- 22 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 23 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 24 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 25 Resort villa suggestions