I am considering a visit to Cuba in February for my birthday. I would like for people to help me understand what it is like to visit Cuba. Bear in mind that sightseeing is probably my main focus, then culture, food and beaches.
Also, please be descriptive of any place in Cuba you would recommend. I am curious to know whether the architecture in Cuba's popular destinations are poorly preserved, whether these places are safe, whether they are clean. I am also curious to know whether poverty in these popular places is minimal, or whether poverty in these places is 'in your face' so to speak. I am not looking at this negatively. I simply want to know what to expect if I go.
Remember to please tell me which towns or cities you think offer the most beautiful architecture in Cuba.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 2 Traveling Solo
- 3 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 4 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 5 A Volcanic Paradise
- 6 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 7 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 8 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 9 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 10 St. Kitts, the details
- 11 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 12 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 13 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 14 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 15 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 16 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 17 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 18 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 19 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 20 8 TUFF MILES
- 21 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 22 1 week in San Juan
- 23 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 24 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro
- 25 Bermuda Weekend Feb 2014