My husband and I are planning a trip for our 5-year wedding anniversary (anniversary is in April but we are willing to travel during another month if it's better for whichever island we choose).
A little about us: We went to Cuisinart in Anguilla for 10 days for our honeymoon (and also took the ferry to St. Martin for a couple of day trips). The beaches in Anguilla were heaven and have totally spoiled us! We are 36, not big into the all-inclusive thing but if there's one that's highly recommended, we would do it. We LOVE good food (the food in Anguilla was expensive but absolutely awesome), we really enjoy local culture, some tours/hikes would be cool and a pool as well as an on-site restaurant/bar or two at the hotel would be ideal.
We're trying not to exceed $5,000 total for food/airfare/hotel (for 6 days/5 nights). We'd be traveling from NJ, NYC or Philadelphia (all are close to us).
Since we would love a great beach again, we're looking into Virgin Gorda as our first choice (someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Also looking at T&C (although this seems as pricey if not more expensive than Anguilla was), St. John, Grenada or Barbados or even the Caymans or Bermuda (if we go in the summer). As you can see, my head is spinning, hence why I am here haha.
We aren't interested in the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Martin or Anguilla. Enjoyed them all but since we've been to them alone or together, we're looking for somewhere different. Any other recs are welcome.
Thank you SO much for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Phone Number Dj YAHOO MAIL Tech 1800-540-6830 Helpdesk/Line
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 5 importing pets to sxm
- 6 Charter transfer boat from SXM to SBH?
- 7 St. Barts
- 8 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 9 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Which Caribbean island?
- 12 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 13 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 14 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 15 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 16 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 17 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 5 days in Havana
- 20 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 21 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 22 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 23 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 24 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 25 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary