My husband and I are planning a trip for our 5-year wedding anniversary (anniversary is in April but we are willing to travel during another month if it's better for whichever island we choose).
A little about us: We went to Cuisinart in Anguilla for 10 days for our honeymoon (and also took the ferry to St. Martin for a couple of day trips). The beaches in Anguilla were heaven and have totally spoiled us! We are 36, not big into the all-inclusive thing but if there's one that's highly recommended, we would do it. We LOVE good food (the food in Anguilla was expensive but absolutely awesome), we really enjoy local culture, some tours/hikes would be cool and a pool as well as an on-site restaurant/bar or two at the hotel would be ideal.
We're trying not to exceed $5,000 total for food/airfare/hotel (for 6 days/5 nights). We'd be traveling from NJ, NYC or Philadelphia (all are close to us).
Since we would love a great beach again, we're looking into Virgin Gorda as our first choice (someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Also looking at T&C (although this seems as pricey if not more expensive than Anguilla was), St. John, Grenada or Barbados or even the Caymans or Bermuda (if we go in the summer). As you can see, my head is spinning, hence why I am here haha.
We aren't interested in the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Martin or Anguilla. Enjoyed them all but since we've been to them alone or together, we're looking for somewhere different. Any other recs are welcome.
Thank you SO much for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/beaute-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 3 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 4 St. Croix
- 5 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 8 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 9 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 10 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 11 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 12 Island Hopping
- 13 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 14 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 15 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Havana restaurants
- 18 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 19 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 20 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 21 What area of T&C to stay in?
- 22 Playa del Carmen vs. Negril vs. Other
- 23 Getting away in June
- 24 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 25 Caribbean Honeymoon Help!