My husband and I are planning a trip for our 5-year wedding anniversary (anniversary is in April but we are willing to travel during another month if it's better for whichever island we choose).
A little about us: We went to Cuisinart in Anguilla for 10 days for our honeymoon (and also took the ferry to St. Martin for a couple of day trips). The beaches in Anguilla were heaven and have totally spoiled us! We are 36, not big into the all-inclusive thing but if there's one that's highly recommended, we would do it. We LOVE good food (the food in Anguilla was expensive but absolutely awesome), we really enjoy local culture, some tours/hikes would be cool and a pool as well as an on-site restaurant/bar or two at the hotel would be ideal.
We're trying not to exceed $5,000 total for food/airfare/hotel (for 6 days/5 nights). We'd be traveling from NJ, NYC or Philadelphia (all are close to us).
Since we would love a great beach again, we're looking into Virgin Gorda as our first choice (someone correct me if I'm wrong there). Also looking at T&C (although this seems as pricey if not more expensive than Anguilla was), St. John, Grenada or Barbados or even the Caymans or Bermuda (if we go in the summer). As you can see, my head is spinning, hence why I am here haha.
We aren't interested in the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Martin or Anguilla. Enjoyed them all but since we've been to them alone or together, we're looking for somewhere different. Any other recs are welcome.
Thank you SO much for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 2 http://tophealthmart.com/extreme-mxl/
- 3 aruba planning advice
- 4 Move to grand cayman
- 5 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 6 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 7 Malaria Punta Cana
- 8 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 9 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 10 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 11 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 12 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 13 New Destination
- 14 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 15 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 16 Bahamas help
- 17 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 18 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 19 Vacation suggestion, please
- 20 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 21 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 22 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 23 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 24 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 25 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas