I'm getting married in June, and we're looking to do our honeymoon in January (2015). I understand resorts typically say honeymoon packages are only applicable within a few months of the wedding, so I know we won't be getting that.
I haven't been to a resort before so I need some help. I figure I'll post what we're interested in and see if anyone can help me out.
-Can't do Mexico
-Clean, preferably not known for issues with plumbing and such
-Quality food (not necessarily fancy fine dining, but at a minimum is better-than-average quality that won't wreak havoc on our bowels)
-On a beach with good swimming
-Options for fun excursions
-Budget of $6,000 Canadian for two, including airfare from Toronto (YYZ)
Also when do you think would be a good time to book?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 2 http://www.supplementsbag.com/addex-iq/
- 3 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 4 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 5 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 6 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 7 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 8 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 9 Looking for destination suggestions
- 10 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 11 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 12 Any suggestions??
- 13 Gustavia stay
- 14 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 15 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 16 My week in Guadeloupe
- 17 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 18 Which Island?
- 19 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 20 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 21 Freeport, Bahamas
- 22 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 23 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 24 Freeport Hotel
- 25 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone