I'm getting married in June, and we're looking to do our honeymoon in January (2015). I understand resorts typically say honeymoon packages are only applicable within a few months of the wedding, so I know we won't be getting that.
I haven't been to a resort before so I need some help. I figure I'll post what we're interested in and see if anyone can help me out.
-Can't do Mexico
-Clean, preferably not known for issues with plumbing and such
-Quality food (not necessarily fancy fine dining, but at a minimum is better-than-average quality that won't wreak havoc on our bowels)
-On a beach with good swimming
-Options for fun excursions
-Budget of $6,000 Canadian for two, including airfare from Toronto (YYZ)
Also when do you think would be a good time to book?
Vacation newbie needs advice picking a destination
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 2 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 3 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 4 Cayman Islands in October
- 5 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 6 things to do in Nassau
- 7 Which Island?
- 8 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 9 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 10 St. John USVI
- 11 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 12 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 13 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 14 Best island for early to mid November
- 15 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 16 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 17 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 18 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 19 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 20 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 21 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 22 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 23 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 24 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 25 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten