I'm getting married in June, and we're looking to do our honeymoon in January (2015). I understand resorts typically say honeymoon packages are only applicable within a few months of the wedding, so I know we won't be getting that.
I haven't been to a resort before so I need some help. I figure I'll post what we're interested in and see if anyone can help me out.
-Can't do Mexico
-Clean, preferably not known for issues with plumbing and such
-Quality food (not necessarily fancy fine dining, but at a minimum is better-than-average quality that won't wreak havoc on our bowels)
-On a beach with good swimming
-Options for fun excursions
-Budget of $6,000 Canadian for two, including airfare from Toronto (YYZ)
Also when do you think would be a good time to book?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Trouble booking hotels!
- 4 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Airport transfer PUJ
- 7 Bahama's outer island
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations
- 9 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 10 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 11 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 12 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 13 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 14 40 min layover in CLT
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Atlantis 1 day
- 17 Atlantis on a budget
- 18 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 19 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 20 St. Barts
- 21 Buses in Aruba
- 22 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 23 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 24 Stingray City Tour
- 25 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April