I'm getting married in June, and we're looking to do our honeymoon in January (2015). I understand resorts typically say honeymoon packages are only applicable within a few months of the wedding, so I know we won't be getting that.
I haven't been to a resort before so I need some help. I figure I'll post what we're interested in and see if anyone can help me out.
-Can't do Mexico
-Clean, preferably not known for issues with plumbing and such
-Quality food (not necessarily fancy fine dining, but at a minimum is better-than-average quality that won't wreak havoc on our bowels)
-On a beach with good swimming
-Options for fun excursions
-Budget of $6,000 Canadian for two, including airfare from Toronto (YYZ)
Also when do you think would be a good time to book?
Vacation newbie needs advice picking a destination
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 2 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 3 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 4 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 5 Tipping at AI
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 8 Traveling Solo
- 9 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 10 A Volcanic Paradise
- 11 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 12 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 15 St. Kitts, the details
- 16 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 17 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 18 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 19 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 20 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?