We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 2 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 3 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 4 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 5 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 6 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 7 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 8 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 9 Which island?
- 10 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 11 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 14 St. Croix and sea grass
- 15 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 16 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 17 Bahamas Resort
- 18 Which country?
- 19 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 20 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 21 Antigua or St Martin
- 22 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 23 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 24 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 25 montego bay