We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 4 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 5 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 6 Caribbean with grown kids
- 7 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 8 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!