We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 2 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 3 Back from San Juan
- 4 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 5 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 6 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 7 San Juan Airport
- 8 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 9 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 10 Why Barbados?
- 11 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 12 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 13 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 14 Storm ?
- 15 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 16 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 17 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 18 Kristen- where are you?????
- 19 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 20 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 21 The Color of the Water
- 22 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 23 Anguilla stay?
- 24 Punta Cana excursions
- 25 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable