We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and Caicos, where to stay
- 2 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 St Barts/One Day
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 T&C - tropical storm Cristobal
- 7 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 8 Too many choices.....
- 9 Late September cruise, is this a bad time of year?
- 10 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 11 Best Island for Me?
- 12 fox. car rental montego bay jamaica
- 13 walking to the lighthouse
- 14 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 15 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 16 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 17 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 18 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 19 Cuba with Gate 1
- 20 Anguilla stay?
- 21 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 22 Back from San Juan
- 23 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 24 San Juan Airport
- 25 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March