We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
- 1 Which island to visit???
- 2 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 3 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 4 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 5 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 6 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 7 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 8 Bermuda Trip
- 9 quiet and relaxing
- 10 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 11 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 12 St.Thomas St. John
- 13 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 14 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 15 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 16 June vacation trip for guys
- 17 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 18 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 19 Honeymoon Help!
- 20 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 21 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 22 Grand Cayman
- 23 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 24 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 25 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets