We are early 60's grandparents with only one granddaughter who turns 13 in March, and for her birthday we want to take her on a trip for her spring break from school in early April. By way of background, she lives in Ohio and we live in Massachusetts. She is an only child and our only grandchild. My husband has chronic pain, due to a back problem and a knee replacement that he has had numerous complications from, so he is slightly limited in mobility in terms of walking for long distances and sitting for long periods of time which makes a "go-go" vacation a challenge. Given these constraints, we would appreciate your recommendations for where to go for spring break with our granddaughter that would be fun and manageable for all of us. We want her to be entertained and yet not exhaust ourselves. We also want to spend some quality time with her and not compete with the typical spring break venues where she might be so into wanting to spend time with kids her age that there might be conflict of interest with spending time with us. Since she doesn't have a passport we were thinking of the US Virgin Islands. My husband and I love to snorkel and would like to introduce our granddaughter to it as well. Would appreciate recommendations of which island, where to stay (hotel, all-inclusive, condo, or ??), what to see and do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.
US Virgin Islands for Spring Break with 13-year old granddaughter?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Cuba by car
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 7 Need a new vacation spot!
- 8 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 9 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 10 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 11 Mid October Honeymoon
- 12 Summer family vacation
- 13 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!