We are looking to take our first trip to the Caribbean in Jan/Feb of next year.
What we want:
1) beautiful beaches with crystal clear water
2) Small town(s) / small island.
3) Easy to get to from NYC (nonstop flight + water taxi/ferry)
What we want to avoid:
2) Big resorts
3) Big islands
We really like the sound of Grand Turk (based on this article: http://www.cntraveler.com/islands/2012/01/grand-turk-guana-island-two-kinds-of-perfect) but my husband refuses to get on a small plane (to get from Provo to Grand Turk)..
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Ideal wedding island
- 2 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 3 Help with small wedding location
- 4 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 5 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 6 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 7 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 8 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 9 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 10 St. Croix
- 11 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 12 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 13 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 14 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 15 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 16 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 17 Island Hopping
- 18 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 19 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 20 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Havana restaurants
- 23 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 24 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort
- 25 What area of T&C to stay in?