We are looking to take our first trip to the Caribbean in Jan/Feb of next year.
What we want:
1) beautiful beaches with crystal clear water
2) Small town(s) / small island.
3) Easy to get to from NYC (nonstop flight + water taxi/ferry)
What we want to avoid:
2) Big resorts
3) Big islands
We really like the sound of Grand Turk (based on this article: http://www.cntraveler.com/islands/2012/01/grand-turk-guana-island-two-kinds-of-perfect) but my husband refuses to get on a small plane (to get from Provo to Grand Turk)..
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Havana
- 2 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 5 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 6 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 7 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 9 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 12 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 13 Family vacation
- 14 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 15 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 16 PR or USVI
- 17 Havana Hotel
- 18 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 19 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 20 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 21 Cayman Islands Currency
- 22 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 23 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 24 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 25 What foods can be taken to Providenciales