I am sorry to say this but I always expected Fodor's to be the leader when it comes to travelling advices. This time I was dissapointed. I came in looking for information on Cuba and found something that I can softly call unnacurate. The data is old and a lot of it not true. I have lived in Cuba for 7 years from 1987 - 1994 and then went back many times, the most recent being until just a week ago. I suggest the staff at Fodor's should revise and update the data provided if they want to keep the name and the standard that comes with it. There are many things that i can refer to but it would be a rather long message. one of the few ones are that for example the dollar vs peso is a 1 to 25 on the so called Cadeca change houses and in the banks is where you get a 1=1. is that a bad one or what. the other thing is that the fee to leave the country might have been 15 dollars but about 5 years ago as when even in 1998 when i was leaving Cuba it was already 20. I can't discuss on all of the issues stated in the article but the mistakes I found make me wonder if the other info should be considered as reliable. My apologies to the Fodor's team as until now I have relied on their work for almost everywhere I went and hope I can do it for the future. My email is here for anyone who might have questions in regard to Cuba, i would be more than happy to help. cheers everyone and enjoy wherever you are.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 3 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 6 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 9 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 10 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 11 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 12 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 Which island?
- 15 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 16 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 17 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 20 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 21 Turks and Caicos problems
- 22 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel
- 23 customs
- 24 Best Carribean Island Vacation for Non-Couples
- 25 Converting USD to EC currency