I am sorry to say this but I always expected Fodor's to be the leader when it comes to travelling advices. This time I was dissapointed. I came in looking for information on Cuba and found something that I can softly call unnacurate. The data is old and a lot of it not true. I have lived in Cuba for 7 years from 1987 - 1994 and then went back many times, the most recent being until just a week ago. I suggest the staff at Fodor's should revise and update the data provided if they want to keep the name and the standard that comes with it. There are many things that i can refer to but it would be a rather long message. one of the few ones are that for example the dollar vs peso is a 1 to 25 on the so called Cadeca change houses and in the banks is where you get a 1=1. is that a bad one or what. the other thing is that the fee to leave the country might have been 15 dollars but about 5 years ago as when even in 1998 when i was leaving Cuba it was already 20. I can't discuss on all of the issues stated in the article but the mistakes I found make me wonder if the other info should be considered as reliable. My apologies to the Fodor's team as until now I have relied on their work for almost everywhere I went and hope I can do it for the future. My email is here for anyone who might have questions in regard to Cuba, i would be more than happy to help. cheers everyone and enjoy wherever you are.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 2 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 3 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 4 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 5 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 6 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?