I am sorry to say this but I always expected Fodor's to be the leader when it comes to travelling advices. This time I was dissapointed. I came in looking for information on Cuba and found something that I can softly call unnacurate. The data is old and a lot of it not true. I have lived in Cuba for 7 years from 1987 - 1994 and then went back many times, the most recent being until just a week ago. I suggest the staff at Fodor's should revise and update the data provided if they want to keep the name and the standard that comes with it. There are many things that i can refer to but it would be a rather long message. one of the few ones are that for example the dollar vs peso is a 1 to 25 on the so called Cadeca change houses and in the banks is where you get a 1=1. is that a bad one or what. the other thing is that the fee to leave the country might have been 15 dollars but about 5 years ago as when even in 1998 when i was leaving Cuba it was already 20. I can't discuss on all of the issues stated in the article but the mistakes I found make me wonder if the other info should be considered as reliable. My apologies to the Fodor's team as until now I have relied on their work for almost everywhere I went and hope I can do it for the future. My email is here for anyone who might have questions in regard to Cuba, i would be more than happy to help. cheers everyone and enjoy wherever you are.
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay on Vieques
- 2 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 3 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 month stay on a caribbean island
- 6 Ferry to Rum Point
- 7 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 8 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 9 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 10 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 11 Islands with great nightlife
- 12 Family with infants/toddlers
- 13 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 14 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 15 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 16 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 17 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 18 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 19 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 20 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 21 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 22 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 23 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 24 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 25 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?